Clean and Cool Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Spector:
Even though you live in CA I believe all owner's manuals call for a minimum of 50% anti freeze with the water.
Not sure that would change the color but should do something. Is it possible that you purchased the premixed which is already diluted at 50%, Thus you are probalby at 25%???

No, actual 40%. I'd use 0 if I could; the manufacturers don't have a climate chart in their recommendations. It is running cooler; not sure if its the C&C or the lowered amount of AF or both.
Mike

quote:

Originally posted by Ken2:
The green dye in your antifreeze is more concentrated than the red pH-activated dye in the Clean & Cool. You won't see the Clean & Cool change color in dyed antifreeze.

Ken

Thanks, Ken. So only if you use pure water will you see the color? I've seen a couple different numbers re: pH; is that dependent or not on antifreeze?
Mike

[ September 15, 2003, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Mike Thompson ]

Just thoroughly flushed my system, and added new green antifreeze, 40%, and 5 oz. C&C w/distilled water in my 10 qt. system. Absolutely no color change; I haven't had time to find a pool supply place and get some pH strips, but I thought it was supposed to change color. What gives?
Mike

Even though you live in CA I believe all owner's manuals call for a minimum of 50% anti freeze with the water.
Not sure that would change the color but should do something. Is it possible that you purchased the premixed which is already diluted at 50%, Thus you are probalby at 25%???

The green dye in your antifreeze is more concentrated than the red pH-activated dye in the Clean & Cool. You won't see the Clean & Cool change color in dyed antifreeze.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back