Chimney pigeon extractor

Due to a confrontation/encounter with a particular sky rat (aka: pigeon) in the chimney, a brainstorm to come up with a tool happened. Said bird scared the livin' bejeepers outta me as I was turning on the TV while a burrito was being nuked. It decided at this time to flap and thump in the chimney, sounds which have never happened before, and I'm thankful that I wasn't carrying the burrito otherwise there would have been matching messes on the ceiling and floor. Since the sounds stopped and I wasn't being attacked, I opened the flue slowly and got eye-balled by the bird. What to do? Well, eat the burrito first...then bird. Not eat...just deal with it. I left the flue open in hopes that it would come down into the fireplace. Negative. Got a power cord and made a loop in hopes that I could draw it out the top. Didn't work. Mike, a good friend, was due over so I had to stop. His contribution was laughter at the situation. That didn't work, either. The pigeon was still there the next day so I came up with the "Extractor". Custom made and all expense spared barring $1.50 in lumber. I tried it out, but the bird decided to hole up in a cranny and not cooperate with its rescue. Not surprising as I'm dealing with an actual bird brain. A little later, I hear a commotion in the living room. Bird brain must have thought "Hey, what's down here? I'm trapped and may die in here, but at least I'll have checked the place out!" It had come down into the fireplace and so I grabbed it, went out the front door to set it on the pavement, and it flew away like nothing had happened. No thank you or tip of a wing! I doubt there is a market for it, so if you know of anyone with a pigeon in their chimney, let me know before I take it apart.

1715037584935.jpg

Last edited:
lol, I like your style! I'd have cranked the ac up and set a small wad of newspapers on fire. Roast pigeon, or shoo pigeon, either way - winning!

I'm guessing flaming pigeons in the house are some kind of bad omen.
Unless you previously hired a nice young or well maintained middle aged witch to put up some charms or sumpin.

1715042200796.jpg

It wouldn't matter what the weather was like . A small fire would have flushed it out in just a few minutes .

Not enough flapping room. I watched as it tried when I used the cord. It would have needed a mini-rocket booster for vertical take-off. I Googled "rocket boosted pigeon propeller" and came up negative. Even if there was, the attachment issue would arise and I might have ended up with a fried bird smelling up the place, too.

Back