Chia seed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, bad or ugly. I was given a 19oz sack of these. Put a teaspoon of them in with some oatmeal, [censored] YOGURT and apple, banana, kiwi and spinach and beets. See this little seed has like 15%~ iron

Thanks in advance

Seeds are good for you and I think I've read good things about them. I don't currently eat them. Be careful with the iron since you don't want too much of it. I notice once difference between men's vitamins for under and over 50 years of age is no Iron in the vitamins when over 50. One healthy reason to donate blood is to get rid of excess iron in the blood.

I do donate platelets 1 or 2 times a month
smile.gif

Thank u good sir for the info too
smile.gif

I put 2 tbs. in 1/4 cup (1:2 ratio) of almond milk or juice. Let it set 5 minutes or more until it gets gelled. Make a good light breakfast, late snack if craving. I like them.

For kicks a few weeks ago, I put 2tbsp. In 1/4c. of bourbon. I kept checking periodically, but it never soaked up the alcohol and stayed a puddle of liquid and seeds. Forgot about it and the next morning, I found the bowl on the counter and all the bourbon had finally soaked in. I tasted them and it was very flavorful, no bitter taste. I was about to eat them when I realized 1/4c. Bourbon for breakfast was unwise. So, with a little pre-planning, you can make a cocktail with them, too.
wink.gif

Watch out with this stuff if you have diverticulitis. I bought one of the chia drinks and was out of commission for a week after the seeds got into all the nooks and crannies.

Be careful, chia seeds are good nutrition. They are a complete protein with all the essential amino acids required by humans in a form that is easy to absorb.

I eat them to fill a few needs. I got a bag that has probiotics 4 billion probiotics per 2 tablespoons. 8 grams fiber, 5 grams protein and also 3.5 grams of omega 3's. I include 2 tablespoons in my morning protein shake.

Rolla07: yeah, some [censored] yogurt(0%) fat, strawberries, cherries and raspberries and kiwi and part banana and almond milk is my breakfast or else oatmeal with applesauce (unsweetened)
smile.gif

Yeah, just odd that dumb stuff is "censored". Some things I will never understand; that's one of them

I buy a bag from Costco every now and again. I alternate these, flax seeds, and other things in my (homemade) yogurt for breakfast.

Originally Posted By: car51
Good, bad or ugly. I was given a 19oz sack of these. Put a teaspoon of them in with some oatmeal, [censored] YOGURT and apple, banana, kiwi and spinach and beets. See this little seed has like 15%~ iron

Thanks in advance

111275801_car_327052c.jpg

looks like at least 70% iron to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back