Cheng Shin Motor cycle tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody tryed these tires made in you guessed it China!
confused.gif
Good price for generic replacmet D.O.T approved on some of there tires,

ive used their dirtbike tyres, and they worked as good as anything else.

for a highspeed highway motorcycle, as long as they are DOT i guess they are OK.
read my post about my recent dealing with chinese tyres.

I've seen a few reports on sport-touring.net that the Cheng Shins last a reasonably long time and do not catastrophically fail when you ride on them. If you are looking for more than that in a tire, such as traction, stability and wet grip, then I would look elsewhere.

Maxxis is Cheng Shin's higher-end brand and seems to work very well indeed. Maybe not up to Michelin standards but good for a value-priced tire.

Used them on some of my older bikes that aren't ridden 10-tenths. If your the type of guy that wears the sides off your tires faster than the tops I wouldn't use them. In the dirt I've run many of the rears, can't remember the # but it's the 5-4 pattern like the old Metzler's, never tried on the front.

I had one on the rear of my GPz. It squirreled every turn, Thanks G O D I swapped out to a new set of Bridgestone Spitfires, they saved my life when a guy ran a red light. They were ice cold and I was coming home on a polished city street. I would not be here if I kept the Chengshit.

Lorrenzo, I didn't know that Maxxis was owned by Cheng Shin. When did that happen? Where did you read it, I'd like to take a look. I only ask because I run maxxis atv tires and really like them. It would cast a new shadow if I thought they had a chinese parent.

Cheng Shin is a Taiwanese company, although I'm sure they've gone to cheaper production in China. I've used their bicycle tires on an old beater bike.

Every Maxxis I ever bothered to look at country of origin said made in China,Tiawan,Indonesia, or some such. Are ANY of them actually US mfg.?

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back