Cheap tires input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone, who have advised on the other tire thread. If you know any other cheap tire website, please do share.

I might wait for tire deals, since not in a rush. But a quick look on simple tire returned a lot of options for less than $200.

Anyone here has any feedback about any of them? Understand you get what you pay for, hence trying to see if I can get something better after paying
laugh.gif

https://www.simpletire.com/catalog?...rt=price&order=asc&query=catalog

I have friends that bought cheap internet tires. Neither did it a second time. Hard to find a place that doesn't gouge you for mounting, balancing, recycle old tires. Then there's honoring internet warranties which is basically impossible. They would tell you the cost and headache factor is not worth it.

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
I have friends that bought cheap internet tires. Neither did it a second time. Hard to find a place that doesn't gouge you for mounting, balancing, recycle old tires. Then there's honoring internet warranties which is basically impossible. They would tell you the cost and headache factor is not worth it.

Well that's definitely true. I know a local guy who can do probably do $10 to mount and balance each tire. So hopefully that wouldn't be an issue.

We sold Sumics at the tire shop I worked at. Mostly unremarkable, but at least a name brand, made by TBC. Awful in the snow.

Is it just me, or has the forum turned into mostly only talking about cheap tires, and worn out cars? What a waste of electrons. I always liked this site to learn about important stuff.

Most of the tires stores around me will price match the internet price. But lately I've been going to Costco, they just beat everyone else hands down and for $15 will mount balance and give you a 5 year road hazard warranty. At least for premium tires, they don't really carry cheap tires.

Originally Posted by Traction
Is it just me, or has the forum turned into mostly only talking about cheap tires, and worn out cars? What a waste of electrons. I always liked this site to learn about important stuff.

You want to talk about quantum entanglement and spooky action at a distance? Maybe when LIGO fires up again, things will get more interesting.

Not very useful when it comes to buying tires though.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Most of the tires stores around me will price match the internet price. But lately I've been going to Costco, they just beat everyone else hands down and for $15 will mount balance and give you a 5 year road hazard warranty. At least for premium tires, they don't really carry cheap tires.

Thanks for the advise. TBH, I have always used costco in the past for tires and they are awesome in terms of price and customer service, most of the time.

But this time wanted to give cheap tires a try, as I am not putting too many miles in a year.

But I'll look up costco and might end up with them. Thank you again.

Discount tire will work a deal with you for their house brand tires, and stand behind it, and rotate the tires and rebalance them.

If you buy the tire on the internet, do you plan on rotating them yourself every time and balancing?

Originally Posted by JustinH
Discount tire will work a deal with you for their house brand tires, and stand behind it, and rotate the tires and rebalance them.

If you buy the tire on the internet, do you plan on rotating them yourself every time and balancing?

If Discount Tire won't sell it, it's not worth buying. They have some cheaper/lower end tires, but they seem to be good quality and will stand behind them.

Originally Posted by dishdude

If Discount Tire won't sell it, it's not worth buying. They have some cheaper/lower end tires, but they seem to be good quality and will stand behind them.

I'll definitely check them out to see if I could find a deal there. Thanks

Yes, will do rotate on my own.

We have Westlake RP-18's on my wife's Passat. They were less than $50 each from Amazon and Discount Tire installed them. Would highly recommend them. Also put some Nankang SP-9's on an older Honda Civic that were less than $40 each from Walmart and installed there as well. Would also recommend those.

Originally Posted by CARJ
We have Westlake RP-18's on my wife's Passat. They were less than $50 each from Amazon and Discount Tire installed them. Would highly recommend them. Also put some Nankang SP-9's on an older Honda Civic that were less than $40 each from Walmart and installed there as well. Would also recommend those.

Thanks, yeah R-18 are cheap: RPs

Couldn't find Nankang

Originally Posted by dishdude

I like that "Benchmark"..... it's true, though. Their margins are too thin to worry about dealing with garbage tires.

General Exclaim HPX

Mentioned these Wally World only tires. Had them for about nine months and so far have no complaints. Actually seem to be getting quieter. Best Walmart only tire I've bought-- better than their Goodyear stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back