Charcoal or Gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a number of screwdrivers of different types and sizes, and a number of spanners of differnet types and sizes.

Should have a number of BBQs as well.

I tried the other night to start a roast on gas, while the charcoal was brought up to temp (after work, and the kids eat early)...it worked, saving me an hour on a nice roast.

I have a Weber charcoal grill that's about 25 years old. To speed the charcoal up a bit, I use my wife's old blow-dryer that the heat element has gone out on. A few minutes of that thing blowing on the charcoal and it's time to cook!

quote:

Originally posted by Shannow:
You have a number of screwdrivers of different types and sizes, and a number of spanners of differnet types and sizes.

Should have a number of BBQs as well.

Went by a friends father's ranch a few years back. The original, small property was co-owned by about 4-families with small kids for, oh, a decade or so.

Counted twenty-seven BBG grills of different types around property (four small cabins and a few outbuildings). Favorites were, of course, the smokers made from a Chevy Vega and another from a VW Bug.

Yeah, a stainless NG grill, log-fed smoker, and a small charcoal grill -- all of them built like tanks -- would be living in a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back