changing oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of it, but not all of it. What is sitting in the lines above and into the filter will.
After you put a new filter on, check the oil level and add until full again.

+1 (it's not a lot but keep a pan under your filter so you do don't have a "gulf oil spill" in your driveway, a pint looks like a lot more than it sounds...Hehehe) Women, especially don't like to see those when they come home.
33.gif

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
+1 (it's not a lot but keep a pan under your filter so you do don't have a "gulf oil spill" in your driveway, a pint looks like a lot more than it sounds...Hehehe) Women, especially don't like to see those when they come home.
33.gif

Nor do landlords and neighbors. My neighbors next door, who I share my driveway with and whose son owns this apartment, were all pulling in when I did my last filter change - just as I'd taken off the filter, and (as I had not used a drain pan) just as it was visibly doing its mini gusher onto the driveway. As they had just resurfaced the driveway the day before, I could not have picked a worse time to change the filter while forgetting to use a drain pan.

I thoroughly cleaned the spill and all was well. But I won't forget the pan again.

-Spyder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back