Champion Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
It's been awhile.

I didn't know that. It's been about a year since I was on that website.My how things change eh?

Originally Posted By: Artem
I'm confused, so Mobil 1 oil filters are now made by FRAM?!?!

Not really. Still made by Champ but now under the bigger more recognizable Fram name. Same with K&N.

The Fram Wally TLE filters are made by Champ. Like the old SuperTech's with texture.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Champ Labs was responsible for the E-Core.

Thankfully, my S-25's escaped that fate.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: sayjac

The Fram Wally TLE filters are made by Champ. Like the old SuperTech's with texture.

My, how things have changed. I still have some pre-Ecore filters in my basement. IMO, these were some of the best filters made, especially when WM was selling these for $1.49. Now I'm sure the Mobil 1 filters are better than the old SuperTech filters, but $10 better?

Are there really any good methods of evaluating the performance of a full flow oil filter and comparing one filter against another? Different oils have published specs and you can do a uoa if you think that will help. But what do you do with an oil filter?

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Are there really any good methods of evaluating the performance of a full flow oil filter and comparing one filter against another? Different oils have published specs and you can do a uoa if you think that will help. But what do you do with an oil filter?

All you have to go by is Beta Ratio (ie, efficiency X% @ Y microns) and holding capacity in grams. Not all filter manufacturers advertise this data.

This is old old news. Many of the high end filters are made by champion labs. People are over reacting on this whole thing.

just got a bosch filter at wallmart. don't remember the model as it is in the garage but it costa 11 bucks, did not know they had a filter that cost that much,, that's on a par with royal purple, kn and mobil 1 , anyone use one ??

Originally Posted By: mcshooter
just got a bosch filter at wallmart......but it costa 11 bucks,...anyone use one ??

Yes, but paid 3 of that price. See link.

Bosch Dist. Plus 3323

To topic, think high end Champ made filters like M1, K&N and Royal Purple will stay high quality.

Originally Posted By: volk06
This is old old news. Many of the high end filters are made by champion labs. People are over reacting on this whole thing.

x10

Just to add a little info for those people who hadn't heard about this.

Some people get confused by the name Fram Filtration and now say "Fram owns Champion Labs," which is wrong.

Here's a little background info:

In 2011 a company called The Rank Group bought Fram and some other stuff from Honeywell. At that time, the Rank Group was already in the process of buying UCI International, the parent of Champion Labs.

Rank Group website:
http://www.rankgroup.co.nz/

Article on the Rank Group buying Fram:
http://www.aftermarketnews.com/Item/8374...50_million.aspx

The Rank Group combined all the Honeywell and UCI stuff into their new automotive group, known as the UCI-Fram Group.
http://www.ucinc.com/

Rank has combined all the filtration assets into a new organization called Fram Filtration. I can only assume that's because the Fram name is more recognizable than the Champ Labs name.

FYI, on Champion & Fram.
They are now under the First Brands Group , who has been on a buying spree.
Trico & Anco are now owned by them as well.

---------------
FIRST BRANDS GROUP (FORMERLY TRICO GROUP) ACQUIRES BRAKE PARTS INC. (BPI) AND CHAMPION LABORATORIES INC. (CHAMP LABS)
7/31/2020
First Brands Group (formerly TRICO Group) ACQUIRES
Brake Parts Inc. (BPI) and Champion Laboratories Inc. (Champ Labs)

-------------
July 31, 2020

About First Brands Group, LLC:
First Brands Group, LLC (formerly TRICO Group) is a global automotive parts manufacturer that serves the worldwide automotive aftermarket industry with best-in-class technology and engineering capabilities. Our portfolio includes Raybestos® complete brake solutions, LuberFiner® filtration products, FRAM® filtration products, TRICO® wiper blades, Carter® fuel and water pumps, ANCO® wiper blades, StrongArm® lift supports, and Autolite® spark plugs. First Brands Group is a world-class automotive parts manufacturing delivering high customer service and growth.
--------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back