VP Filters?

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
Does anyone know anything about these filters? The Amazon description says it's a Fram filter but, as you can see, there's nothing on the box that says Fram. Reviews say it's made by Champion Labs. It looks just about identical to the Royal Purple and TRD filters I've been using.

VP Filter.jpg

VPDate.jpg

Last edited:
What's the plastic gizmo to the left?
It is a disposable drain tube supplied with the filter. You remove a plug at the bottom of the filter cartridge canister, screw this plastic drain piece in and then drain the entire canister prior to removing it. The drain tube pushes against a spring loaded check valve as you screw it in thus releasing the oil.

Other than the color of the silicone parts, it looks identical to the C&Ps of the RP filters. Looks like they are a couple bucks less as well

It is a disposable drain tube supplied with the filter. You remove a plug at the bottom of the filter cartridge canister, screw this plastic drain piece in and then drain the entire canister prior to removing it. The drain tube pushes against a spring loaded check valve as you screw it in thus releasing the oil.
Thanks for the explanation. What cars have these? If you told me diesels, I'd believe you.

That's a nice, simple, and accurate description. (y)

Looked around and filter size for our vehicle isn't available yet.( coming soon )
I'll try one once it's available.

Back