castrol edge cleaning power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, and finding PU at $33 bucks up here would be a major score. It's pretty bad when I can get RP and Eneos cheaper than PU and Edge with Titanium.
wink.gif
Well, we can't really blame the oil companies. Walmart, CT, and Partsource just massively overprice their oil when it's not on rollback. RCWC and plenty of parts stores here absolutely spank the big three on regular prices.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: Ibrahim
I would compare PU with Castrol Titanium, not with Syntec!h

No doubt, PU is proven to keep things much cleaner, but I feel EP & Titanium are not much different in that regard. One can argue who has the better/advanced base oils, but add packs are very competitively comparable.

So your saying the castrol with titanium is comparable to pennzoil ultra in regards to cleaning?
That would be something I'd need to see to believe. German castrol is great oil in some applications however I have a friend with a termi cobra that ran GC since he bought the car in 04. He spun a bearing at the track last year so he pulled the engine for rebuild and the heads were significantly sludged. Especially the rear passenger head. There must be a serious hot spot there or something because it was layered.
Once completely torn down we saw oil drain passages that were clogged to almost half their actual size on the passenger side as well.
What was funny is that the drivers side was heavily varnished with minor build up on the exhaust cams springs but not the intake ones. Really very strange.

And you didn't mention this before why??!!! HOLY POO!!!

Never came up. Sorry overkill.

Originally Posted By: Ibrahim
Fellow Canuck, I have not come across any info that Castrol Titanium causes sludge! It may not be better than PU but certainly in the ball park.

If that was directed at me I never said it was the titanium stuff. And I'm sure it was a head defect,that cylinder runs hotter than the rest for some reason in the dohc 4.6s. The first sign of a problem is a distinct ticking sound.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Sheesh. I didn't see that $6.89/L special, and I usually pay attention. That's a nice price. The PU certainly was on its way out up here before it even got properly stocked. Clevy has mentioned it being at NAPA before, and I've heard that elsewhere. He's also seen it at a Shell station up in Saskatoon. As for NAPA, they're kind of hit and miss with pricing. When they have a synthetic on sale, they'll beat Walmart rollbacks. When it's not on sale, look out. Oddly enough, Clevy mentioned that NAPA up here has Eneos at a semi-sensible price, at least by Canadian standards.

The one Walmart near one of my businesses still has all the old SM/GF-4 Edge with Titanium. It's simply not moving. If you're going to roll back PP and QSUD and Synpower and regular Syntec to $19.99 a jug, you're not going to move $14 a litre synthetic.

Eneos 5w-20 is 31 a gallon. The 0w-20 is 38 a gallon. They have 5w-30 too.
This napa just moved to a huge new store. They have just about everything. I asked the desk about jugs of m1 0w-40 and they said they could order it but the desk guy was unsure of price.
The shell station in willow grove still has ultra but only in the 5w-30 flavour. At 12 a quart its pretty dear.
I'd love to see it at Walmart. I wonder if it can be ordered.

That Eneos price isn't bad at all, all things considered. As for the $12 a quart Ultra, that's likely better than what Walmart was selling it for here.
wink.gif

By the way, did you ever come across another example of M1 HM in Saskatoon to see if the labelling had French on it, or if it was something brought up from the States?

Originally Posted By: Garak
That Eneos price isn't bad at all, all things considered. As for the $12 a quart Ultra, that's likely better than what Walmart was selling it for here.
wink.gif

By the way, did you ever come across another example of M1 HM in Saskatoon to see if the labelling had French on it, or if it was something brought up from the States?

The Mobil hm I saw was a conventional/syn blend. I'm pretty sure I saw it at Canadian tire. It's labelled something like Mobil 2000 or something like that. It wasn't a full syn though,I am sure it said blend

Darn, I thought it was you who had mentioned you had seen an M1 HM in Canada. It must have been someone else. I'm certainly aware of the Mobil Super 2000, but if someone saw M1 HM up here, I'd love to hear more about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back