Cash for Gas

^^Does this BP rewards card require a debit card or can a credit card be used?
The BP&me rewards card is a Visa credit card administered by fnbo and carried in my RFID blocking wallet. 15 years with never a security problem though in this ever changing high tech theft world I suppose anything can happen.
Regarding cash sale fuel savings, knowing your tank & fuel gauge, thus your purchase, makes cash a simple handoff
Hardly…for the reasons I stated. I typically top off my 31 gallon tank at 1/2 tank.

Usually a hassle paying cash, plus I prefer to carry little cash. I get 2% back on my credit card so it is something. I would only save about four cents more by doing cash so not worth it.

Stations here still do post-pay for cash, but I'll still never use it. I hate coins in the pocket, my wallet is minimalist and not great for cash, and for those worried about pump skimmers...why are you using a debit card linked to your bank account for anything except withdrawing cash? Any credit card will cover fraudulent charges and issue a new card if it's compromised. Kind of a pain if you have auto-pay to update yes, but as someone else mentioned if you are that concerned have a dedicated gas card.

$3.09 a gallon seems kind of high right now except maybe on the West coast. Cash has become inconvenient for most businesses. I had to use a debit card at my dentist office recently as they don't handle cash anymore. I have also spent plenty of time behind people at check out in the store as they ploddingly write out their checks.

$3.09 a gallon seems kind of high right now except maybe on the West coast. Cash has become inconvenient for most businesses. I had to use a debit card at my dentist office recently as they don't handle cash anymore. I have also spent plenty of time behind people at check out in the store as they ploddingly write out their checks.
It's in PA which has very high gas taxes but it's cheaper than my area in MD.
Plus it's top tier and priced like generic.

Usually a hassle paying cash, plus I prefer to carry little cash. I get 2% back on my credit card so it is something. I would only save about four cents more by doing cash so not worth it.
I think it's been missed
It's a simple $20 bill to fill a half tank on a Maverick..
$20 and you can drive all week before you get back to a half of a tank. Savings doesn't figure in. More security than anything and I hate bills. I've never had a debit card or a MAC CARD and don't want them.

More like pay as you go...

I assume most people have some credit card that pays 3%+ cash back on gas, so you don't actually save anything by paying cash? I still like the fact that there is a cash price available though, for those who don't want to play the credit card game. I have no trouble with a business being transparent to what it costs them for people to use credit cards.
I try to fill up at Canadian tire gas stations here as they pay you back 18 cents a gallon in canadian tire money, which adds up to covering 2/3 of the tire replacement costs per mile for our cars.

I get a percentage back on my credit card that’s better than the cash discount. So why waste the time? If the discount was better, I’d consider it.

A $.10 cash discount is about $10 a month for me. Is it worth messing with cash or not? Good question.

Credit card or gift card at the pump for me for the cash back rewards (4%-5%) but cash is a hassle for me too to go inside, get change, etc. I’m mostly cashless and charge everything for the points.

4% cash back with gas with my credit card.

I pay for nothing in life with cash except my barber and my housekeeper.

Isn't it nice to have the option to save a few pennies. I use the Gasbuddy application on the cellphone. I also use the Open Roads Diesel discount card at the big truck stop pumps. I can get 30-50 cents off a gallon a lot of times on that card. (y)

Local place offers about .15 a gallon discount for cash.

Once a week I fuel up two trucks. It usually ends up being between 20 and 40 gallons.
I pay cash and usually leave a bone or sometimes two for the attendant when I fill up truck one.
I get Mrs UD a fountain drink and she acts like it's a treat when I show up with it. Especially in the summer working outside.
The attendant comps me the drink which is just slightly more expensive than the tip.

Private car, usually cash. I put in 40 bucks when I have about 100 range left. I don't want to haul a full tank for no good reason. Company car, plastic. Fill her up all the way every time.

Back