Cars that went to the salvage yard in quick order

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that was just during shipment to the new car dealer
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Any British sportscar...MCTC/TD/MGA/Midget/Sprite/TR2/3/4/5/6/7/8/MGB....they leak,rust,fall apart in a crash,and leak some more.

I loved my Neon. It was like driving a go-kart. Good handling and a strong engine made it fun to drive.

Now if you liked luxury barge boulevard cruisers or lifted Ram trucks, a Neon probably wasn't your bag.

I had them as rental cars and liked it enough to buy one in the early-mid 90's.

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
INot sure if I understood the thread completely, but I know one car that was a hit-or-miss Lemon was the first gen Neon. Some people got good service out of them, and I know others who had nothing but issues with them from the start.

You just made me have flashbacks to the 90s when I used to work for Chrysler. Those things were atrocious. You rarely even see them on the road today and that wasn't all that long ago.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Mazda RX7.When the rotary gave up,so did the owner.Much like the RX2/3,and Rotary pickup that came before it.

Citroen.The expensive and troublesome hydraulic suspension and easily rusted bodywork doomed them early.

Plymouth Cricket.After 2 years of support and sales,Chrysler turned their back on this Hillman Avenger,and this car was rather unique...rack and pinion steering,front struts,British lousy electricals...

AMC Pacer.These cars deteriorated fast,and any that lasted into the 1980s were left with no parts support (the steering rack would seize up) from AMC or aftermarket.

Renault Alliance/Encore/LeCar/Fuego/18i.All flimsily made,rusted quickly,electrical issues,weak engines,nobody knew how to repair them.Typical French cars.

Renault Dauphine.Bad when new,even worse in a couple of years.Most didn't live past the 1960s.

Vauxhall Victor/Envoy.GM Pontiac's captive import.They rust and break at the firewall.Only a handful left in America and Canada.

Opel Kadette/GT.Famous Opel quality.Relatives of the Chevy Chevette.Enough said.

Any British sportscar...MCTC/TD/MGA/Midget/Sprite/TR2/3/4/5/6/7/8/MGB....they leak,rust,fall apart in a crash,and leak some more.

This is pretty much my dream car list
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: javacontour
I loved my Neon. It was like driving a go-kart. Good handling and a strong engine made it fun to drive.

Now if you liked luxury barge boulevard cruisers or lifted Ram trucks, a Neon probably wasn't your bag.

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
INot sure if I understood the thread completely, but I know one car that was a hit-or-miss Lemon was the first gen Neon. Some people got good service out of them, and I know others who had nothing but issues with them from the start.

You just made me have flashbacks to the 90s when I used to work for Chrysler. Those things were atrocious. You rarely even see them on the road today and that wasn't all that long ago.

Yep, go cart explains them well. Hate to say it, kinda miss ours....

Originally Posted By: javacontour

I had a 98 R/T that was a terrific car. 36 mpg with minor mods, quite fast for a econo car and the best handling wrong wheel drive available. Super cheap to buy and needed very little maintenance or repairs. Loved that lil car.

It was stolen or it might still be here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back