Cars I hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griswold+stationwagon+8.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyGod
Hate Fords and anything made by Volkswagon/audi/porsche.
Pure junk.
Ever see a porsche after an accident???
Motor up in a tree,body in pieces thrown in all directions.
I laugh when I see some joker driving a porsche.
Any car will be in pieces if you were going 100+ mph
15.gif

Originally Posted By: Cressida
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

FYI, my 9-year old BMW doesn't have any rattles, squeaks, or noises coming from the front suspension or from anywhere else. Should I bring it to your shop even though it does not need any work?
smile.gif

Exactly. I could say the same of my 20 year old BMW and my 30 year old MBs.

Yes but he is probably talking about Benz's newer than 1995. Like starting with the W210.

My 2000 E430 is fairly reliable, not as reliable as LS400 or S2000 but it didn't have many mechanical or electrical problems. The only problem is fuel consumption at around 14-16 MPG in city while 26-28 MPG on highway.

The best attribute of the E430 is carrying 4 people with full luggage going up steep hills near Death Valley at triple digits speed as stable as LS400 at 70-80 MPH, and still give 23-24 MPG.

Originally Posted By: SkyGod
Ever see a porsche after an accident???
Motor up in a tree,body in pieces thrown in all directions.
I laugh when I see some joker driving a porsche.

yeah...um, it's DESIGNED to break up in an accident. like a race car. to dissipate the energy and mass. so you LIVE.

I always laugh when some joker complains how a car doesn't survive an accident. SO???
I WANT TO SURVIVE THE ACCIDENT, I'LL GET ANOTHER CAR!

back to the hate, I hated some cars that friends owned and I had to work on.
old volvos w/ those stupid fuses w/ pointed ends that didn't keep contact. why couldn't they use the ones the Americans used? SO much better.
a mid 80's carb'd 4cyl mustang, what a slow piece of (waste). never ran right, not fun to drive at all.
85 golf w/ an automatic. 85 hp AND only mid 20's mpg! win-win! the sun set faster than that piece went from 0-60.

I'm pretty tolerant of most other cars though
smile.gif

I pretty much hate any of the foreign cars that are not made here. Given the economy and national debt. They scream; "I am just out for me. I don't care about this country or our vets returning looking for work." Cars are one of the few American made products still available. They are one of the last ways we have to help return some jobs.

Originally Posted By: johnachak
...They scream; "I am just out for me...

That sounds like the what GM was saying to me when I bought that last lemon. I can't afford them to be my charity. I'm glad my Toyota is made here, but I don't make Detroit Auto Worker's wages and need a car that lasts without a bunch of repairs.

Originally Posted By: johnachak
I pretty much hate any of the foreign cars that are not made here. Given the economy and national debt. They scream; "I am just out for me. I don't care about this country or our vets returning looking for work." Cars are one of the few American made products still available. They are one of the last ways we have to help return some jobs.

I blame the UAW. I care about this country and the returning vets. But I will not buy a piece of [censored] so union bosses can then go out and buy their exotic imports.
Back to topic...I hate the cars that cross the line in parking stalls.

How is that not on topic of cars I hate? Would you have been happier if I named them all? By the way I said foreign cars NOT made here. A Toyota or Honda made here is not included in my hate list. Those are also not made by UAW workers so that blows that argument out of the water. My personal biggest hate is the new Fiat. It looks like one of the pedal cars we had as kids.

Forgot to mention most Deawoo,VAZ,GAZ,ZAZ,Most Chinese brands. All off those are junk with wheels and death traps.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mpvue

a mid 80's carb'd 4cyl mustang, what a slow piece of (waste). never ran right, not fun to drive at all.

I test drove an '86 LX 2.3 when I had my '81 2.3 Mustang L. It was so SLOW. I couldn't figure it out until I popped the hood. Where my most base model of base model Mustangs had a 2bbl Motorcraft, the newer model had a comically small 1bbl. Literally half the carburetor.

Now, my Mustang L was far from fast but it would light up one of the 14" tires and get a solid 2nd gear scratch....all the important stuff to a teenager.
27.gif
The 1bbl LX? not so much.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Enough of the threads that brag on our cars. What cars do you hate.

My top of the list are Mercedes, BMW, Volvo, Jaguar. Dont care what model. I hate the styling and every one of these thats been in my shop rattles, squeeks and has all kinds of noises coming from the front suspension.

Isn't your view of the universe a little skewed? You work at a shop. People only bring cars to the shop when they're broken. Isn't it possible there are a lot of non-broken ones out there that you just never see?
smile.gif

FYI, my 9-year old BMW doesn't have any rattles, squeaks, or noises coming from the front suspension or from anywhere else. Should I bring it to your shop even though it does not need any work?
smile.gif

I do heating and AC only. I'm not a full service shop. So when a car comes in for AC work I hear clanks and bangs when I pull it around back.

I worked on an 88 Town car this week. I'd own that if I wanted a luxury car. 302 Ford in it. I can work on that and no air ride suspension to fail.

I'd own a Subaru. My mom had a 78 Brat. Really dependable car and most if not all Subaru's are 4wd. I bet that 300hp one is a blast to drive.

I'd love to have a 66-77 Bronco. Give me one with a 6 cylinder and 3 on the tree. I'd settle for a V8 though.

I had a 68 Scout. When I was done with it it had Scout 2 running gear. Might as well had a Scout 2. Needs to have a 345 and 4 speed.

My 02 Wrangler. Comfy to drive. Peppy, will still be running after the holcaust. If I did it again I would have waited for the 03 models and got a Rubicon.

A 62 Impala. Must be a 409 and stick shift. Did they offer a 3 speed or just a 4 speed?

66 Mustang GT350. Rode in a red one with White stripes when I was 16. Little 289 impressed me.

72 Buick GS455. Neat car!

Duster or Demon with a 340 and 4 speed.

68 Chevelle. I had a 69 Chevelle with a V8 and 3 on the tree. I like the 68 tailights better. The 3 on the tree was great! Why don't they offer that today?

95ish F250. Must be the extended cab or 4 door, 4x4 and a stick shift.

Thats about all the cars I'd own.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Maybe you don't like those expensive imports cause all those elite "I'm better than you" yuppies drive them ?
21.gif

Yeah..uhm...no judging here...

Anything from Toyota
Any car promoted and pimped by inner city Hampsters
Honda Ridgeline

There are others I dislike but these are the top 3 at this point I can think of.

Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
Forgot to mention most Deawoo,VAZ,GAZ,ZAZ,Most Chinese brands. All off those are junk with wheels and death traps.

don't know why you would be concerned with cars not sold in the US... Daewoo is no longer sold here, and the Chinese don't have any brands here (yet) either; how can you make a judgement call on something you've never seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back