can't buy a phone at a phone store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the sprint store and after telling the guy working their what I wanted to do he told me I cant by a phone amd pay cash because they dont make money that way...... what kind of nonsense is this? Go to a phone store with cash and they wont sell me a phone......

That kinda sucks, you should follow up with a manager. You could get a better price online if you're paying full retail anyways, he may have done you a favor. What a jerk though.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
I went to the sprint store and after telling the guy working their what I wanted to do he told me I cant by a phone amd pay cash because they dont make money that way...... what kind of nonsense is this? Go to a phone store with cash and they wont sell me a phone......

either you left out details.. or you wanted an indemand phone they have extremely limited inventory on... so of course they reserve those for the suckers-- 2 year contract people.

Yeah that sounds weird, maybe you were not eligible for a contract upgrade, but I don't see why they wouldn't let you pay full price for a phone you like.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Do you have a sprint account? Contract?

If you have a Sprint account and are willing to pay the full, subsidized price for the phone of course they will sell you one!

My guess is you don't have a Sprint account and wanted a phone to activate on Ting or similar service.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

If you have a Sprint account and are willing to pay the full, subsidized price for the phone of course they will sell you one!

My guess is you don't have a Sprint account and wanted a phone to activate on Ting or similar service.

ive been a sprint customer since 2011. And they told me they didnt sell phones without upgrades period.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

ive been a sprint customer since 2011. And they told me they didnt sell phones without upgrades period.

That doesn't make sense. Last time I was in a Sprint store they had no contract pricing right on the price tag.

They have a payment machine at most Sprint stores that take cash. When my phone died, I got a used one on Craigslist so I didn't have to renew a contract. I am now out of contract and free to chose without a penalty. I think the most expensive phones are the free ones.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
You could get a better price online if you're paying full retail anyways,

It's "anyway"

i find what i want on the internet. i get a cashers check and mail it to them. you DO remember the mail? non-email!!! paper, stamp ect

Originally Posted By: Michael_P
I think the most expensive phones are the free ones.

Can u tell me why?

Just because you are locked into a contract. I guess if you ride out the contract, its no big deal. I like being able to switch without having to pay an expensive termination fee, which oftentimes is more than the price of a phone.

Verizon will sell you the phone on retail at least - you'll pay $600+ for a phone though.

With the garbage phones that Verizon pushes, I'm sure they make a boatload of money on replacing phones all the time!

The last few phones I have had from Verizon worked great for the first 3 months. Then they start pushing updates that makes the phone work progressively worse until it doesn't work at all. Currently at that point with my LG spectrum.

At&T is also guilty of this update stuff. I had a Nokia i was well pleased with, it did everything i wanted and had great battery life.
After the update it was a mess and 8 hrs battery life.

Sounds like you need to tell Sprint to go to blazes.

Buy your phone off E-Bay.

Well I've been a Sprint customer since about 2001 and they do sell phones outright. They won't sell you one AFAIK if you're not a Sprint customer, but there are plenty available on their website without a contract.

More details? I've been a customer since they existed, and worked there for 11 years (don't anymore). Do you currently have a contract with them? When is your current phone contract up? What phone were you wanting to buy, and what did you plan to do with it? It has to be used on their network. They won't sell you a phone without a plan. If you are currently in a contract, you can buy it out. I have. If you wish to keep the same plan, but do not like your current phone, they will be happy to sell you an iPhone 5C for $650. I'm still not understanding your intentions? If you do buy one on ebay/CL, make sure it's a Sprint phone if you intend to keep them as a provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back