Can you notice the difference in ST 2-cycle oils?

I've been running Echo Red Armour in my Echo string trimmer, and my Hitachi leaf blower. Decided to use up some Mystik JASO FD oil I had. Leaf blower seems to rev up faster with a higher max rpm with the Red Armour.

I thought all this two-cycle oil was all the same..... just like motor oil. One's just as good as the other.

Don't mind my babble this morning folks. I woke up to feeling our dog on my bed and sitting a-top of my head.

If he had gas, then-that would explain my delirium here.

I thought all this two-cycle oil was all the same..... just like motor oil. One's just as good as the other.

Don't mind my babble this morning folks. I woke up to feeling our dog on my bed and sitting a-top of my head.

If he had gas, then-that would explain my delirium here.
You are not completely wrong. Every oil has a different die and maybe a little bit more of one additive than the other.

There is two types
Ashless >> for outboard 2 cycle engines and or lawn boy 2 cycles TCW3
Low ash >> for hotter running higher revving two cycles string trimmers, chainsaws, blowers usually carries a JASO rating of FC,FD or a ISO-EGD rating

There is two types
Ashless >> for outboard 2 cycle engines and or lawn boy 2 cycles TCW3
Low ash >> for hotter running higher revving two cycles string trimmers, chainsaws, blowers usually carries a JASO rating of FC,FD or a ISO-EGD rating
I know for sure I have seen ashless oil. But I don't think I ever paid attention if there is low ash oil.
Might have to take a look next time I'm at the store.

I was at Walmart the other day and this caught my eye. Synthetic is $10.98 and semi synthetic $5.48. I was just curious if synthetic really that much better? If I'm a penny pincher and run 40:1 or thicker does it really matter for me to spend extra on synthetic?
I know it's not JASO certified, and I didn't buy it. Just peaked my curiosity.
View attachment 184960
It’s a mix ratio 32:1,40:1 or 50:1 doesn’t make the mixture thicker or thinner. And honestly no difference I just look for a 2 stroke oil with fuel stabilizer already in it

It’s a mix ratio 32:1,40:1 or 50:1 doesn’t make the mixture thicker or thinner. And honestly no difference I just look for a 2 stroke oil with fuel stabilizer already in it
Are there any two stroke that doesn't have stabilizer in it. I don't remember seeing one. Even big jugs for outboard motors have stabilizer in them now. I still like to add a little bit of Marine Stability 360

Back