Can You Identify The Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it's likely the 14459/Purolator, Fram/3593A size but I'm sticking with the DriveWorks filter guess. I've only seen the yellow colored media on a DriveWorks filter. Check out the link below to see a dissected DriveWorks DW1A. I'll post one of the pics on that thread courtesy of member kemo. So if it is the DW4459 it would have a bypass ("safety valve"), as would the shorty DW4612. Interestingly though on that newer model Accord the 14459 won't fit because it is too wide for that series Honda. Oh fwiw, the DW is another filter using a coil spring retainer.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2273678

IMG_20110725_153856.jpg

I think you are probably correct.

I sent an e-mail to the dealership, it will be interesting to see if they bother to reply.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
I agree that it's likely the 14459/Purolator, Fram/3593A size but I'm sticking with the DriveWorks filter guess. I've only seen the yellow colored media on a DriveWorks filter. Check out the link below to see a dissected DriveWorks DW1A. I'll post one of the pics on that thread courtesy of member kemo. So if it is the DW4459 it would have a bypass ("safety valve"), as would the shorty DW4612. Interestingly though on that newer model Accord the 14459 won't fit because it is too wide for that series Honda. Oh fwiw, the DW is another filter using a coil spring retainer.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2273678

IMG_20110725_153856.jpg

That's actually not a bad looking filter there. If it had a silicone type ADBV I might be tempted to use it?
BTW, who makes DW oil filters?

Well, I know this is going to be one of those times that I say something very non-BITOG like, but I just don't think it matters much.

I do have some A01's, but only because I wanted to run one and cut it open.

I've yet to hear of streets littered with blown up Honda's (or Subies) running Honeywell's...
28.gif

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
I've yet to hear of streets littered with blown up Honda's (or Subies) running Honeywell's...
28.gif

That you would know, being you are a Honda owner.
smile.gif

But you have to admit, that FILTECH is such a better looking better built filter than that BCOD.
Although, looks can be decieving!
shocked.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
28.gif

That you would know, being you are a Honda owner.
smile.gif

But you have to admit, that FILTECH is such a better looking better built filter than that BCOD.
Although, looks can be decieving!
shocked.gif

Based on what I've seen I agree. The Civic has an A01 on it that I will change between 8-10,000 miles...I'll post it up.

The Acura has a D+ on it that I keep threatening to run for two OCI's (15-20,000) and see if there is any appreciable difference in the UOAs.

I sent an e-mail to the dealership, it will be interesting to see if they bother to reply.

No Reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back