Can I Use A Different Size Tire Than OEM ?

My vehicle takes a 265 /40 / R22 Tire and costs $ 315 at Walmart . The same tire that is size 265 / 35 / R22 is $ 229 at Walmart . So it's a $85 difference . Common sense tells me it's not a problem . Do you agree ?

Decide how much odo/speedo error you want to tolerate, and increased harshness/ride compromise.

This site helps:

Tiresize.com

A slightly narrower, higher profile one might be a better choice. One that is closer to OE diameter and sidewall height, like 255/45 - but you need to do the math and compare prices.

Can a person who crosses a street and falls into a hole that was blocked off and clearly marked, sue the city for negligence? Well, same answer to your tire question, yes!

Depending on the vehicle sometimes it needs to be reprogrammed- if you get a big difference from the OEM size.

Michigan potholes/crap roads and 35 series tires are a great combination for a new set of rims. But, you could one of the lucky ones who don't have rim issues or pinched sidewalls. You "could" be bumping into a "spend a penny, burn a buck" territory scenario here. Just saying.............

You lose 0.5 of an inch in sidewall height.
This is significant in such a low ratio tire to begin with.
And you are 3.3% off on circumference, again, quite a bit.

I would stay with stock if it were my truck, Ram Limited perhaps?

1696710802013.jpg

What about the load index?

Krzyś

PS I think common sense tells not to buy 22" wheels if one wants to save money on tires. Were 21, 20 or even 18 not an option?
It came with 22's and I'm gonna keep it that way . Plus I only need two front tires .

And you're doing one axle only, which will throw off your ABS/ stability control, etc. The reduced load index is another problem.

Back