CA Bullet Button Assault Rifle Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't make this political, just throwing out a PSA for anyone who this may apply to.

Just a reminder to anyone in California who has a rifle with a bullet button, that you have until Saturday June 30th to register the firearm as a "bullet button assault rifle" with the state of California. If you do not wish to register as such, the firearm must be made "featureless" which means no piston grip, fixed stock, no foregrips, and no flash suppressor. I just did mine and it was pretty straight-forward. You submit 4 pictures, close-up of the bullet-button, left side of receiver, right side of receiver, and overall length of the firearm. They charge $15 per transaction and you can have multiple firearms on one transaction. Note: they must be complete firearms, no lower receivers that are not built and do not have an upper receiver. Also the bullet-button picture for an AK style rifle should be from the side, not of the mechanism. Also the full length picture should be with the firearm laying on its side, not standing on the buttstock.

I waited about as long as I could comfortably wait for any possible last minute legal rulings, however I don't see any coming between now and Saturday. Failure to comply with either registering or making the firearm featureless immediately makes the registered owner a felon in possession of an assault rifle.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Yeah, like I would actually REGISTER an AR rifle in California. Registration leads to confiscation. Period.

True. Millions of AR-15 owners in New York have refused to register their weapons in compliance with the New York Safe Act for the exact same reason. Nothing has happened, and nothing will.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Yeah, like I would actually REGISTER an AR rifle in California. Registration leads to confiscation. Period.

True. Millions of AR-15 owners in New York have refused to register their weapons in compliance with the New York Safe Act for the exact same reason. Nothing has happened, and nothing will.
You having to hide your weapons and never take them out to shoot is a clear victory for the antis. Also, plenty will happen when your significant other decides they don't want you in the picture anymore or a million other scenarios where the man comes into your life.

Originally Posted By: hatt

You having to hide your weapons and never take them out to shoot is a clear victory for the antis. Also, plenty will happen when your significant other decides they don't want you in the picture anymore or a million other scenarios where the man comes into your life.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminite...s/#2492e243702f

"I do know many people who have semiautomatic rifles and shotguns the state deems to be “assault weapons” they say they didn’t register. Most of these people continue to bring these guns to their local ranges to shoot with. When you ask them if they complied with the SAFE Act, they are quick to tell you that many municipalities and county sheriff departments have reported they won’t enforce the SAFE Act in their jurisdictions."

They'll have felonies soon. And no guns.

Yeah right, sure they will. Just as soon as they build a prison to hold the extra 1,000,000 prisoners.

if you don't. And your out in the desert shooting at cardboard cutouts of past presidential nominees and the cops,blm, rangers roll up your now a felon. Can't vote,can't own any guns etc. I don't agree with the laws but I am out numbered here.

They'll have felonies soon. And no guns.

Yeah right, sure they will. Just as soon as they build a prison to hold the extra 1,000,000 prisoners.
I prefer to not use luck to stay out of the court system.

Regardless of the probabilities, one person, one gun, one day...go to jail.

The fact that "on average" the curve is nearly zero, and that to put everyone in jail would require voluminous resources doesn't make the personal risk logical or sensible.

(especially when one is personally scared witless and nonsensical by a warranty book for a car)

I'm not totally opposed to illegally keeping banned guns. The better alternative would be to move to another state if possible. I would be opposed to keeping gimmicky neutered guns however. Get the real deal.

There are now some nice systems out there that once installed you do not need to register. You can also leave all the features on the gun. The AR platform
has tons of mods that you can do to get around this ridiculous law. This is just one example: https://youtu.be/3zVenCG3eX8

There comes a point with all of this type of nonsense when an individual has to say enough is enough. Where that point is remains up to the person whose rights are being violated. This is happening all over, not just in New York state. No one has ever been prosecuted for it. Same with possessing a standard capacity magazine in a states that limits them.

All of this is getting out of control. Which is why people are disregarding it through civil disobedience. These states who pass these restrictive laws know it would fast become political suicide if they tried to enforce it. So they don't and won't. Much like the Feds won't raid all of these, "Medical Marijuana Shops" in states where it's been "legalized". They have every right to because Marijuana is illegal in all 50 states at the Federal level. And Federal law supersedes state law. This is nothing but a big political dog and pony show, nothing more. And it never will amount to anything else.

There comes a point with all of this type of nonsense when an individual has to say enough is enough. Where that point is remains up to the person whose rights are being violated. This is happening all over, not just in New York state. No one has ever been prosecuted for it. Same with possessing a standard capacity magazine in a states that limits them.

All of this is getting out of control. Which is why people are disregarding it through civil disobedience. These states who pass these restrictive laws know it would fast become political suicide if they tried to enforce it. So they don't and won't. Much like the Feds won't raid all of these, "Medical Marijuana Shops" in states where it's been "legalized". They have every right to because Marijuana is illegal in all 50 states at the Federal level. And Federal law supersedes state law. This is nothing but a big political dog and pony show, nothing more. And it never will amount to anything else.

What about this guy:

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesmatter...Y0eSpeNnNm6PCw/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back