C&P Fram Ultra w/screen XG8A

Filter = Fram Ultra XG8A with steel screen. Oil = M1 5w20. Both had been in place for 18 mths and 9k miles.

Engine is a 2007 Toyota 1GR-FE gasoline 4.0L V6 w/226,500 miles. Filter is much larger than stock. Also installed on the engine since 2011 is a Amsoil EaBP90 bypass filter system.

It does NOT consume any oil, never has. I've owned vehicle it since 2009. I always do xOCI. This is the shortest OCI I've done with it since 2010.

Engine is a quiet as a mouse, no chain noise or anything. Its a daily driver, mainly driven these days for 20 mile round trips to the grocery store and back. Gets 20+ mpg locally and 23+ mpg hwy.

Pics of pleats with and without excess oil. I squeezed the oil out of the pleats in a vice.

There is a little varnish/carbon buildup in the engine I think mainly because I was a little tardy changing out the original (stuck) PVC out.
DSCN7788.JPG

DSCN7789.JPG

DSCN7787.JPG

Last edited:
It's amazing what a vice can do to really clean up oil soaked media! Night & Day difference no pun. I would say it still had some capacity left to go yet. Did you end up replacing it with an Endurance?

Back