Buying Online---how does warranty work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember that DTD lists approved installers in your area.
Price of installation at those establishments was also listed.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
My advice would be to be a good shopper and do the homework on line. Know what you want and what the prices are. Then negotiate the best deal you can. Then frequent the local guy and establish a relationship with him. He will be able to cut deals that aren't in the book.

+1 to this. I'm very grateful for establishments like Tire Rack and DTD for their research value. But when it comes to actually swiping the credit card, I always do it locally.

(But I'm also grateful for those who do shop online, or those online websites wouldn't be there!)

While I respect this advice, it is sadly out of date in my area due to the economy. It was always my policy to offer my business to local business owners like myself. But it simply changed.

There was a time when the local tire store would compete, now they simply do not. Since we are also pinched we have to get the best value for the dollar we worked hard for.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
My advice would be to be a good shopper and do the homework on line. Know what you want and what the prices are. Then negotiate the best deal you can. Then frequent the local guy and establish a relationship with him. He will be able to cut deals that aren't in the book.

+1 to this. I'm very grateful for establishments like Tire Rack and DTD for their research value. But when it comes to actually swiping the credit card, I always do it locally.

(But I'm also grateful for those who do shop online, or those online websites wouldn't be there!)

While I respect this advice, it is sadly out of date in my area due to the economy. It was always my policy to offer my business to local business owners like myself. But it simply changed.

There was a time when the local tire store would compete, now they simply do not. Since we are also pinched we have to get the best value for the dollar we worked hard for.

My tire guy beats the prices on tire rack and dtd. He also could locate a set of tires(Conti DWS ExtremeContact) easily that DTD, tirerack and all other chains said were out nationally. He even easily located a warranty replacement tire(pothole/bubble) a month latter without a hitch within the same day for the tires still on national backorder. This was critical for a Subaru to get same exact tire.

I trust my local guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back