Budweiser & Clamato...what is this terrible thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I live in Canada it is not unusual for people to order a small glass of clamato on the side with a mug of draft beer. There is no charge for this at the local bars and you won't raise any eyebrows by asking for clamato on the side.

An ounce or two of the clamato is added to the beer. This is the only way my wife will drink draft beer.

OT... Much better than beer and clamato:

Clamato is also a key ingredient in a "ceasar" which is the Canadian version of the bloody mary. A tall glass rim is wiped with a piece of lime and coated with celery salt, then add vodka, ice, tabasco, worchestershire sauce, pepper, a little of the lime juice and fill with clamato.

I has able to only to drink half. That was all I could stand. I know so people that love it. Go Figure. It must be a Mexican thing. If anybody does decide to try it after reading all of this you better get another beer to finish. You wont finish the clamato beer. They have a Budweiser and an Bud Light flavors also. Both are not very good.

Originally Posted By: kirknbr
I has able to only to drink half.

I figured you had three, but anyway, the thought of clam juice makes me shudder. Why would anybody squeeze the juice out of a clam in the first place, then decide to drink it? ACK!

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: kirknbr
I has able to only to drink half.

I figured you had three, but anyway, the thought of clam juice makes me shudder. Why would anybody squeeze the juice out of a clam in the first place, then decide to drink it? ACK!

I can't figure it out either. I wish I had seen the "contains shellfish" warning on the can before I bought it.

I can kill one 24oz. can a month, maybe... You have to want that taste. Only the BUDWEISER kind not the light stuff. There's a big difference between the two. It's good on a very hot day. I tend to drink it at the beach or after mowing the grass. All of my buddies think it's nasty but what can I say, I'm the kind of guy who likes MD 20/20 and King Cobra.

Back in the early 80`s, when I lived in ND, A common drink in the local bars was PBR and Campbell's tomato juice. As I remember, it was pretty good.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Pretty much anything involving PBR can't be bad.

While PBR is drinkable, I much prefer Miller High life.

I should try mixing some MHL and clamato.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back