Broken air filter housing...is this ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one in my girlfriends car is cracked about like this, but there appears to be a good seal between the housing and the filter's foam frame.

Maybe I should apply some duct tape just to be sure. Lol.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
The one in my girlfriends car is cracked about like this, but there appears to be a good seal between the housing and the filter's foam frame.

Maybe I should apply some duct tape just to be sure. Lol.

I tried to feel air flow and didn't feel anything, but thats hardly proof. I don't want damage to an engine when it could easily be prevented. The part is on the way from Bernardi, will probably take a week or two to arrive, hope it will fit! I am going to wait to change my oil until everything it back and place so I dont have silicon entering the fresh oil.

I lol'ed at the duct tape recommendations...That's the first thing I thought of also.

Duct tape and adjustable Cresent wrenches made America great.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Alright guys I just ordered a new cover from Bernardi Honda to the tune of $65 (includes shipping and extra bolt/washer combo since one is stripped). There were no pics, only going off the part # so I am hoping they send the right part. Hoping its easy to remove this thing.
Never a good idea to order a part before you have the old one in in your hand! But I will be honest and will sheepishly admit that I do not follow my own advice to avoid doing the work twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back