How to make this broken tailight look better?

Not spending 15% of what I paid for the car on just a light that works fine but has a cosmetic flaw.

You going to resell this one at a profit right? Are you going to tell the buyer the repair probably won't last forever?

You going to resell this one at a profit right? Are you going to tell the buyer the repair probably won't last forever?

Because it's un-American to sell something for profit? Do YOU work for free? News flash. Cars don't last forever. Their parts don't last forever. Am I supposed to tell the buyer about the 10,000 other parts on the car that won't last forever? The light will last longer now that I sealed it from possible water entry.

Because it's un-American to sell something for profit? Do YOU work for free? News flash. Cars don't last forever. Their parts don't last forever. Am I supposed to tell the buyer about the 10,000 other parts on the car that won't last forever? The light will last longer now that I sealed it from possible water entry.
You asked how it looked and now get in a tizzy when folks think it looks decent but it temporary at best. We all know a potential $300+ repair for next owner if state inspections exist. NH in cracked condition that is no pass…

You asked how it looked and now get in a tizzy when folks think it looks decent but it temporary at best. We all know a potential $300+ repair for next owner if state inspections exist. NH in cracked condition that is no pass…
I get in a tizzy when people expect a repair to last forever, a cosmetic one at that. What about the a potential $6000 repair when the battery gives out? Or should I provide a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty with a 12 year old car?

I get in a tizzy when people expect a repair to last forever, a cosmetic one at that. What about the a potential $6000 repair when the battery gives out? Or should I provide a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty with a 12 year old car?
Provide a spare battery to the next owner

That is not a repair but homemade patch job that will last till next inspection sticker.

Man , this thread is all over the map . We've gone from how to repair a cracked lens , to how to take a picture with a phone , to the actual morality of selling the car with a repaired lens . Wow .. :rolleyes:

Back