Briggs & Stratton 2 cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
The engine in my mower is only running on one cylinder. Found mice had chewed on one plug wire and had to replace the wires and magneto as they are one unit. Made no difference, switched plugs also but nothing.
Don't have a repair manual so don't know if there is any other wires involved in providing spark to each cylinder?
Yes it does jump spark from wire to non-firing cylinder which also makes me wonder what the problem is.
The head on one side gets hot and the other stays cold indicating nothing is going on.
Getting more baffled everytime I look at it?
dunno.gif

Did a compression check and found one side is 120psi and 0 on the other side. Must be a valve or valve seat problem. Repair shop told me if valve seat popped out no guarantee a replacement will stay in. May need a short block
mad.gif

All started with mice making a nest and blocking the cooling fins on the head
crushedcar.gif

I just removed a nest of mice from my B&S 15hp OHV single. They got under the metal cover that wraps around the cylinder head. It was a huge clump of twigs and stuff, totally blocked the airflow. Luckily, they were well enough fed that they didn't eat the wires and the engine is running strong.

Good luck with your engine.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back