Bridgestone turanza 0% left after 30,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased two tires Bridgestone turanza 195/65/r15 from walmart about 7 months or so ago, they now have 30,000 miles on them, the front two being no problems, however I needed to replace the other old tires on my car, the two were in such good shape when putting them on (proxies) that I didn't want to just waste them.

30,000 and the old proxies look better than the to bridgestones !! I hit something in the road causing the problem with the proxies ( I think that was the name I forget) anyway when purchasing two more tires from walmart I noticed the bridgestones worn so bad, he checked and confirmed a little less than 30k on tires he said they would honor the manufactures warranty however they didn't do it at the time of the purchase.. but did record 0% left as 0/32 tread depth, and bars have also been reached on the tire.. How should I follow up with this, I will be as civil as possible, and also the guy did seem honest as he had to look for the two I purchased ( he thought they were sold out) found only two, and I showed him the 80,000 mile warranty in a big white sign above the tire when purchasing, then showed him the tires etc,., my car is in the computer system, with tires etc everything matching.. just wanted any helpful info if you had anything.

They are suppsed to deduct the proration off the purchase price of the new tires. Check out Discount Tire in the future.

Originally Posted By: rclint
I purchased two tires Bridgestone turanza 195/65/r15 from walmart about 7 months or so ago, they now have 30,000 miles on them, the front two being no problems, however I needed to replace the other old tires on my car, the two were in such good shape when putting them on (proxies) that I didn't want to just waste them.

30,000 and the old proxies look better than the to bridgestones !! I hit something in the road causing the problem with the proxies ( I think that was the name I forget) anyway when purchasing two more tires from walmart I noticed the bridgestones worn so bad, he checked and confirmed a little less than 30k on tires he said they would honor the manufactures warranty however they didn't do it at the time of the purchase.. but did record 0% left as 0/32 tread depth, and bars have also been reached on the tire.. How should I follow up with this, I will be as civil as possible, and also the guy did seem honest as he had to look for the two I purchased ( he thought they were sold out) found only two, and I showed him the 80,000 mile warranty in a big white sign above the tire when purchasing, then showed him the tires etc,., my car is in the computer system, with tires etc everything matching.. just wanted any helpful info if you had anything.

You bought Bridgeston Turanza at WM , they are the one to do pro-rate for mileage warranty, you should go back there and asking for a refund of the pro-rate.

yes but this is a manufacture warranty not walmart warranty, the 80k if from bridgestone

What is it with Bridgestone tires? Overall, they're not well rated on the Tire Rack and their OE Turanza all seasons (EL 400, etc.) are about the worst. I avoid the brand.

I love Bridgestone tires, but you do have to avoid the OE ones like the EL42, etc. They are trash.

I had a set of high performance Potenza 730 Gen2's on one of my cars, they were bar none the best tire I've ever had.

But their regular passenger car tires often leave something to be desired.

It's important to keep up with the rotations so you can get the proration. If it's an 80k warranty and only lasts 40k then the tire dealer credits you 50% of what you paid for the tire. I really don't care if they wear out early,if I get the credit.

I understand. Less hassle. I have never had a set of tires last more than about 45k or so. Really,I don't mind getting new tires,if they wear out early. It's fresh rubber,and I keep up with the prescribed rotations,so I get a pro rate on the new set.

Originally Posted By: Not the Autorx Frank
I have been through this enough times to finally just pay the price for michelin and enjoy not having to deal with new tires so often.

That's been my past, however I have owned a couple of good set of bridgestones in the past, michelin harmony is about the best tire I have put on an accord, for some reason they chew the heck out of the front tires on an accord.

I'm going back to walmart this weekend to see what I can do about this, I'm glad they did at least document the 0% tread left as well.

These tires have a very high treadwear ( I don't know the number off hand) I always check treadwear before purchasing a tire, and along with the 80k manufacture warranty advertised with a big white sign along with the other stuff, and on the sticker in bold letters as well... will see how it goes.. Maybe they will spot me a few sets of tires now to get some driving time on their tires sorta like a R&D LOL

It sounds like someone forgot to do the "Tire Adjustment" on the computer when they were working on the car. Should have been done by mileage, then the computer would calculate the pro-rate deduction. If whoever worked on it was someone other than the person who wrote it up, then he didn't communicate it was a warranty.

You may have trouble with this.

30K in 7 months is way extreme! I'm guessing you didn't rotate - and that will probably be a requirement in the warranty.

Then doing a bit of math: If the tires were not rotated and spent their entire time on the fronts - and front tires on FWD wear 2½ time faster than the rears, then the tires could have gotten 75K.

So I would expect some negotitaing to go on.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
They are suppsed to deduct the proration off the purchase price of the new tires. Check out Discount Tire in the future.

Discount Tire is the way to go. They replaced a set of Kumho KR21's on my Intrepid. Worn out before 40,000 miles (warranty 80,000). I bought another set with a Pro-Rated discount. In my case all 4 were worn out even with rotations.

Last edited:
Right. DT emails me once per quarter to remind me to come in for the rotations. + they have a lot of stores down here.

Originally Posted By: oilmaven
What is it with Bridgestone tires? Overall, they're not well rated on the Tire Rack and their OE Turanza all seasons (EL 400, etc.) are about the worst. I avoid the brand.

I disagree, Bridgestone Potenza (other than RE92) seems to be pretty much on par or slightly lower than Michelin. I'd rank them higher than Goodyear, Kumho, and Sumitomo.

Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
You may have trouble with this.

30K in 7 months is way extreme! I'm guessing you didn't rotate - and that will probably be a requirement in the warranty.

Then doing a bit of math: If the tires were not rotated and spent their entire time on the fronts - and front tires on FWD wear 2½ time faster than the rears, then the tires could have gotten 75K.

So I would expect some negotitaing to go on.

It really depends on the tire shop (WM in this case) and whether they are helping you out or not. In the end most likely Bridgestone will just give you a proration instead of additional trouble of dealing with an unhappy customer and most importantly, wasting their installer/reseller time dealing with an unhappy customer. What's the cost? 2 $80-100 tire at 50% is about $80-100, and manufacturing cost is probably only $30-40, not worth the time arguing.

20k miles on the Fit's OEM Bridgestone EL400's and they're in need of replacing before the spring. That's with two rotations. Silly OEM tires.

Good luck to the OP.

You are correct they were left on the front the entire time.. That's just a fact of life for me I never have time to turn around it seems, spend lots of time on the road as well.. I will go in with a good attitude, and if I can get one tire free prorated whatever etc I would be happy, but I also don't want to pay for all the mounting etc going on or at least some deal in with that as well..

The Potenza line (except for the "Grid" and Re92, Re92A, etc.) are mostly summer and high or ultra-high performance models. Ratings and opinions even on these tires are mixed at best...there are better tires to be had for less money. The Turanza line which makes up most of the All-Season models most of us drive on is essentially a batch of turkeys. There is hope, however. The new Turanza Serenity seems to be a good tire and is receiving good reviews...except for it's snow traction (not so good).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back