Bought a New Ruger P95 9mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up the P95, 2 clips, lock, thumb saver, box, manual all for $289 brand new.

Thoughts? Anything to watch out for? A good deal?

Thanks...

Great deal and great gun! I've since sold it but it was the most accurate rapid fire pistol I've shot.

I never liked the ergonomics on these guns but they are tough and reliable. They held up very well as rentals at the range I worked at many moons ago. It should be a good gun for you.

I like it because it fits well in my hand.

They also gave me a gun sock & a year warranty over Ruger's.

...and one free check-out and cleaning.

It seems like they almost gave it to me!!

I love the P95. I think it's a very nice piece. I owned a P89, which resembles the P95. I loved it, but it was a tad too big for my girly-man hands, and it was too heavy for ME to comfortably carry concealed. Nothing functionally wrong with it, though; it was one of the better guns I've owned. Sold it to a co-worker 13 years ago, and he still owns it.

Nice gun!

I've got a P series in 9mm, .40 and .45 ACP. Love all of them.

The 9mm gets alot of work. Mine does really well with my cast 124gn reloads.
thumbsup2.gif

Also with 115FMJ reloads.

Really a nice weapon. Meggar mags work great with them.

Take care, bill

Just bought a P-95 myself a few weeks ago. Shoots a little low and got two failures to feed out of 200 rounds. The failures to extract were very easy to clear - Tap, rack, fire compared to Berettas and Glocks I've had in the past. Very good pistol overall. They go for $445.00 in my area.

Bought mine from a licensed dealer, not an individual. That was his asking price. I traded another handgun for the p-95. The dealer is very hard to deal with but, his son is another story. Son gets in a bit of trouble with his dad since he will sell far below what his dad wants. This dealer thinks he is the only gun dealer in Kansas. You can go 30 minutes away and get very reasonable deals in another county. I think his days are numbered though. This town is growing and someday a reasonable gun dealer will plant roots and eventually put him out of business.

Just shot'er for the 1st time today! Cleaned 'er before & after.

My P95 shoots a little low also......

Have a P90 that shot low for me. Found out reading on the web somewhere that this was somewhat of a common complaint, and Ruger had an optional front sight available. Called Ruger and asked about it, and they sent me one free.

cephas,

What distance did you shoot??? I do my shooting no farther than 15 yards myself.

In addition, try another brand of ammo. That will change the bullet impact depending on the brand.

Durango

Durango, My shooting sessions usually cover from 15 ft. to 25 yds. It was a consistently hitting low. The new front sight Ruger sent was an easy fix, and for me worked. I reload so have done some work finding a proper load. Your suggestion of trying different name brand ammo is a good one.

On my P95 low shooter, I am using Blazer Brass.

Gee, just ordered a case of 'em, hope it's not the ammo.................
37.gif

Are you guys using that silly old sighting technique where you line the sights up below the bullseye? Most guns I've shot shot exactly to point of aim, which means that old sighting method didn't work.

chevrofreak,

Just wanted to see how good or bad the sights are. Normally I shot with the point shooting method or instinctive shooting as some call it. Point shooting is how I have been trained. Using this method the P-95 shoots great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back