Bosch D+ 3323 (PL14610 equiv.) - 99.9% @ 40um?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bosch Distance+ 3323 is the equivalent filter to Purolator PL14610, which has an efficiency of 99.9% at 40 microns. Since I've read that the D+ filters use identical media as the PureONEs, does that mean the D+ 3323 is also rated at 99.9% at 40 microns?

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Go with the new puro w/synthetic media for synthetic oil

Why would the type of oil matter?

Bosch Distance +.... is not a clone of the Purolator PureOne. It is a higher-tier filter .....with different and better quality media.

Bosch Preminum....is identical to the PureOne....and has the same media and guts.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Go with the new puro w/synthetic media for synthetic oil

Marketing hype. Now if you mention extended OCI, then I might believe the two would benefit each other. I am assuming that a filter with synthetic media is a high end filter and can go for an extended OCI.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
Bosch Distance +.... is not a clone of the Purolator PureOne. It is a higher-tier filter .....with different and better quality media.

Bosch Preminum....is identical to the PureOne....and has the same media and guts.

^^^This.

Originally Posted By: Towncivilian
The box says 99.9% efficient but it doesn't specify a micron level. Does anybody know for certain?

You talking the D+ or the PL14610? I know the PureOnes will also show the micron size (20 or 40 microns) with the efficiency number.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Towncivilian
The box says 99.9% efficient but it doesn't specify a micron level. Does anybody know for certain?

You talking the D+ or the PL14610? I know the PureOnes will also show the micron size (20 or 40 microns) with the efficiency number.

D+

I know the PL14610, PL14612 & their SAE-threaded equivalents are 99.9% at 40 microns.

Quote:
40 microns? Isn't that fairly big; like a boulder?

Close!
lol.gif
An almost unseen boulder. From this link.

Micron size of family particles
Grain of table salt........100um

Human hair .................80um

Lower limit of visibility....40um

White blood cell............25um

Talcum powder..............10um

Bacteria....................2um

As for the OP's question, it could well be that 3323 BD+ is similar to the P1. But, as pointed out the BD+ is a different filter with differnt media than the P1, so perhaps not.

But, ZeeOSix has noted in the past that, 99.9% @40um could still be ~95+% @20um.

But at this point, afaik there is no definite answer.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Quote:

Close!
lol.gif

Wow ... John Deere is getting high tech.
grin.gif

Quote:

Close!
lol.gif

grin2.gif
I was referencing it to bearing clearance. I think 40um is almost 0.0005 inch. If the clearance is 0.0025 inch, it might be considered a boulder.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Loobed
Quote:

Close!
lol.gif

grin2.gif
I was referencing it to bearing clearance. I think 40um is almost 0.0005 inch. If the clearance is 0.0025 inch, it might be considered a boulder.

40 microns is actually 0.00157". Call it 1-1/2 thousandths.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

40 microns is actually 0.00157". Call it 1-1/2 thousandths.

ooops, you are right. I entered 10um in my calculator and forgot to multiply by 4. I got 0.0004 which I rounded up to 0.0005.

^^^"General terms", ~2x as long. According to ratings, BD+ up to 15k and > 2x holding capacity (~29g vs ~13g) of equivalent P1, BP clone. IMO, most would feel comfortable with BP/P1 to ~7.5-8k in a well maintained engine. As recent postings show, some are comfortable to 10+k with P1/BP.

The main advantage of the D+ is it's a deep pleated filter,thicker media, so it holds more dirt great for long OCI's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back