Blizzard Warning in New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could sure use some storms over here in CA. Not enough to rain, it's been 70s last couple of days.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Does no one have an emergency food supply?

If I have a box of cereal, I am good for at least a few days and (generally speaking) I would avoid even driving past a grocery store.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Current forecast is for a few feet from New York to Boston, not just the few inches that you're getting.

And I am at EWR, with a scheduled flight to Dublin this evening...

Shaping up to an interesting day.

Actually, I am in the "few feet" zone, Astro.

And if it was not a State of Emergency, I would drive to EWR - 10 minutes away - and say hi and buy you lunch...

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
Current forecast is for a few feet from New York to Boston, not just the few inches that you're getting.

And if it was not a State of Emergency, I would drive to EWR - 10 minutes away - and say hi and buy you lunch...

Thank you for the kind offer, but I would prefer that stay safe by staying off the roads, the combination of rush hour, snow, and people out "getting ready" makes for an ugly mix...

Cheers!

Originally Posted By: Trav
Its winter, it snows.

True, but 2-4 inches/hour with winds gusting to 50 mph is more than just "it snows"....

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne

Thank you for the kind offer, but I would prefer that stay safe by staying off the roads, the combination of rush hour, snow, and people out "getting ready" makes for an ugly mix...

Cheers!

thumbsup2.gif

I am still at work. I am in Linden.

There will come a point when we all just book out of here. I do hear that these roads are treacherous...

Well, we just decided that we are gonna go home.

It's getting worse out there. And they already called work off for tomorrow.

So, "bye." Focus will be on the drive from here to Newark..

Originally Posted By: Trav
Its winter, it snows.

True, but 2-4 inches/hour with winds gusting to 50 mph is more than just "it snows"....

Just sayin. They talk on TV like we never had a bad snow storm. If this was in a southern state i can understand it but this is the snow belt, we can deal with big snow.

'prone -- i' m sure that astro14 would love to meet you and do lunch when he returns from his business.
now that you're off work tomorrow, you can spend some serious time on bitog, and get involved in a few intelligent conversations.could be a fun day.
have a good evening.

Well, we haven't had too much snow here northwest of Philly, maybe 4 or 5 inches. Just enough to make life miserable for the Chihuahuas.

We've got three dogs. The big guy will have no problem with this snow. Two Chihuahuas, one male and one female. The little old lady Chihuahua will probably have to be picked up and carried half way through our morning outing, poor girl. The male is younger and, as my wife says "full of swagger". He'll probably muster through the snow, shivering all the way, his little private bit turning a furrow in the snow, brrrrr.

Couple inches so far. But I'm pretty far inland, and we were not projected to get much, 18" or so. Coming down at a fair clip though.

Notice that nobody has commented from NE region? They must be shell shocked!

I got up at 7:00AM. Snow had covered tires on the Camry. At 8:30AM, *entire* car was buried in the snow! It is just unbelievable how fast the snow is falling.

still a fair amount to shovel/move at 18". 6 feet in those photos is crazy- we only get that here in the midwest every half a dozen years or so-thankfully.

briefly heard a news report this morning about power being shut off in some areas because of the threat of fires and the likelihood that fire engines would not be able respond due to the heavy snow fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back