Blends on their deathbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the refiners/blenders/marketers will just start calling group II and II+ oils synthetics and it will be the end of conventional oils.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Just kidding of course lol

And the 20w-50 NOACK must be a scam.
wink.gif

Just bought a 2012 Honda Accord 4cyl and the Honda recommended oil is an 0W20 Blend made by Mobil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Michelob
Just bought a 2012 Honda Accord 4cyl and the Honda recommended oil is an 0W20 Blend made by Mobil.

Pretty sure Honda's oils are now made by Phillips, not Mobil.

I assumed because 2 different dealers service depts told me the 0W20 blend was made by Mobil. Pretty sad they don't know.

Anyone else uneasy with a 0W20 blend?

Have you had a chance to look at the bottle? If they look like the motorcraft bottle just different color it is Phillips. I havent seen one for a while. I think Mobil use to have the contract but not anymore.

You are correct currently Honda blend is blended by Phillips and in the past XOM had a contract with Honda to blend their oil in the U.S.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
You are correct currently Honda blend is blended by Phillips and in the past XOM had a contract with Honda to blend their oil in the U.S.

Thanks for the confirmation, Dave!

Your welcome. Also until recently it was a pretty safe guess that if the oil had a Automakers name on the bottle you could say XOM but holes are starting to form on that network.

Very true. GM is still XOM, Ford is PSX, I believe dodge/chrysler is pennzoil. Think toyota is XOM but thats all I can think of right now.

stealers make things up as they go along i see it first hand being in the engine business and picking up parts at various stealers.
In my business we say it like it is, period!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back