BFG Commercial Traction TA-thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard a few good things about these and am looking for more thoughts please. These are for a diesel Land Rover d90, used for light off road and especially sand. I have to drive a bit to get to the trails and the beaches so I am also looking for on road experience, but I assume they are decent compared to similar tires.

There are load range E in 235/85-16 and I am concerned that they will be too stiff on a relatively light vehicle and will not air down as well as a lesser rated tire.

Thank you.

Those tires are designed for 3/4 ton trucks and heaver. They have a stiffer sidewall and tread belt's as well.

With the whole tire stiffer overall i would not use them on this vehicle. You are correct in that they would not air down for the terrain that you are describing.

I'd pick a lesser tire, load range c would be about right. Stay away from the commercial tire's in general, a stiffer tire in general.

They're not as stiff as a regular non-snow 10 ply-I have a set of LT245/75R16Es that I got studded that were too flimsy to run on my work van, they were too squirrely. They work fine on the fairly empty GMC, though. If you ran them at around 50 PSI they would be fine, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back