BEST WAY TO DRINK SCOTCH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to drink cognac but it got expensive, so for a stiff drink I usually do single malt. Before buying some try some different ones in a bar, with friends. They can be very different, and you'll find the trick is getting an affordable, smooth one. I find that I prefer single malts from Speyside.

You are right. That's what I was trying to explain. I'm fairly sure that if your first experience of Scotch whisky was something like Talisker you would swear that it was some kind of chemical for cleaning toilets.
laugh.gif

Get a twelve year old scotch whiskey (JW Black, Chivas) and try it on the rocks.

Less expensive brands, not aged are pretty much the same.

Bushmills has a 10 year old whiskey that's as smoothe as water, but don't drink it that way.

Ooooo..... back when I used to drink alcohol (completely teetotal now), Scotch was my favorite alcohol (and wine). Just liked the taste. I guess it's an individual thing. Chivas Regal (especially Royal Salute), JW Black, Glenlivet and Glenfiddich. Neat or on the rocks.

Ballantine's is good with Coke (as in Cola/soda/pop). For some reason Ballantine's works well as a Scotch & Coke. Probably something to do with the sweetness. Couldn't stand Captain and Coke.

Pity, the thing is miss about drinking is not the buzz or getting hammered but all the flavors. BTW, a double-shot of JW Black used to be my cure for a sore throat.

I can definitely see how some people would not like scotch and how it would be an aquired taste for most, but strangely enough, I actually liked it better than any other whiskey from the very first time I tried it. I started out with Dewars.
Scotches have a wide variation of tastes. For a beginner, I think the best choice would be Dalwhinnie, a single malt. I really like it. My favorite is Macallan's, especially the 18 year or older, but it's very expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back