Best value stackable washer/dryer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the best route to go for getting a stackable washer/dryer? The closet only fits ones that can be mounted one above the other, not side by side no top loader wash. Thanks in advance!

So I'm going to stretch MY definition of "Value"

I would recommend Speed Queen
https://speedqueen.com/products/stacked-washer-dryers.aspx

Made in USA. Best warranty available. Built like a tank and will pretty much last forever.

Also it's NOT High Efficiency. I don't like the government mandating companies to produce High Efficiency washers that use less water and therefore don't clean as well.

Originally Posted By: Umibozu
So I'm going to stretch MY definition of "Value"

I would recommend Speed Queen
https://speedqueen.com/products/stacked-washer-dryers.aspx

Made in USA. Best warranty available. Built like a tank and will pretty much last forever.

Also it's NOT High Efficiency. I don't like the government mandating companies to produce High Efficiency washers that use less water and therefore don't clean as well.

Speed Queen front loaders are high efficiency. I'm pretty sure all modern front loaders are. Their top loaders are not high efficiency.

I have heard that others have had more issues with Speed Queen than they figured they would. Many people on automaticwasher.org and ths.gardenweb post about their issues. I highly recommend Whirlpool Duets.

They make top loaders that are stacked. Whirlpool/Kenmore maybe Frigidaire make them still with and without the old fashioned agitator. They wash loads faster and are less deep in dimensions like the old machines. I used to have one and liked it better than what I have now.

SEARS Kenmore. Just wait for a sale.

- Modern top loaders don't clean. Consumer Reports recently published an article on the subject, saying the top loaders use so little water they simply don't get the job done.

- For those who dislike front loaders, take your existing clothes & throw them into a front loader. Don't add soap. The front loader uses so much high pressure that it will "extract" the soap your old washer left behind. That's how much improved technology has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back