best under 100 Android phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering whats the best android cell phone for under 100.00 bucks? I'm just getting really tired of my basic lg optimus s phone.

I have an Incredible 2 and love it. Best Buy has them for $1 with a new contract right now.

What carrier? My friend got a Motorola Atrix HD on AT&T and it's great, she loves it. I actually just got a Samsung Galaxy SIII myself last night and it's pretty awesome, but it is a little bit more expensive.

lol funny you ask.....I'm in the same boat right now.....not wanting to fork over another 100 bucks quite yet....but I literally been looking probably since 2 months after getting my HTC WildFire S......what's funny is I scoff when I see this phone displayed on store shelves as a "2 year contract phone"......I purchased mine from radioshack last year day after Thanksgiving.....cause Radio Shack was running a deal....so I think I picked it up for 99$ or something.....plus the Otter Box of course...was extra.....THOUGHT I had a good deal......but really, I hate the phone.....

Loaded with sooooo much [censored].....HTC Sense is garbage lol....It's supposed to be a "helper" I guess.....to help you sync up your "social life" (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr) with your phone......

But it's crazy....cause It comes with sso many pre-loaded apps, I barely have room for my OWN apps.....in fact, the only app I got on it now currently.....is MyFitnessPal.....Google Maps, Google Search, and the Play Store (Android Market)...

Funny thing is cause I really didn't know what I was getting into....I know how to bug a PC/laptop by comparing specs.....well....this was my first "smart" phone....so I basically learned on my own :p I now know what phone I don't want....

LOL....couple days ago I went to Radio Shack and got some suggestions......the associate their recommended a couple different Samgung phones....said Samsung basically uses the "core" (or some word like that.....can't remember) Android platform....and doesn't fluff up their phones with bloat ware....so it had me interested....may look into Samsung for my next.....

Basically, whatever you get, make sure it has more than 512MB "on board" memory.....SD card memory is optional, but something I like.....I got litterally 14 gigs of mp3s + audiobooks and bible verses on my SD card for playing at the gym, while driving, etc....

Which is kind of nice, since I can swap it easily to the next phone I get (which will have a microSD capability....lol).

Most carriers are selling the Galaxy S2 for $99 - it's the best phone $100 will buy and it is running ICS 4.0.

I picked up a Panatech Burst for my daughter from Ebay for a little under $100 unlocked off contract (mint could not tell it had been used if it was) and have it on no contract unlimited talk,text and data for around $40 a month.

Excellent phone, GREAT display and EXCELLENT speed. A real great buy and you don't have to pay $$$$ for it like most of the other suggestions here.

I've never and will never do a contract phone.
09.gif

Bill

I don't know how prices compare in other countries, but I recently got a Galaxy Y, which is a pretty cheap smart phone. Does everything a smart phone should and with a 30gig card I can have more music on it than my ipod touch and Creative Zen put together.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
I picked up a Panatech Burst for my daughter from Ebay for a little under $100 unlocked off contract (mint could not tell it had been used if it was) and have it on no contract unlimited talk,text and data for around $40 a month.

Which carrier, Bill?

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Which carrier, Bill?

Straight Talk on the AT&T system. They also have BYOP on T-Mobile side and sell phones that do Verizon and Sprint.

For here AT&T has the best coverage. T-Mobile with Verizon close but Sprint really stinks here in the west.

Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back