Best Synthetic 5w30 For Cleaning? What About Wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Happy birthday Merk!! I just noticed the birthday cake icon :^)

Hey thanks Aquarius! I am now officially middle aged at 50.

When I was younger, I'd tell the old guys that age was just a number.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Amsoil signature series is probably even better than Mobil 1, buy you get Mobil 1 for less than $5 a quart which makes it a huge value.

901Memphis i will agree. The reason is that the OP didn't specify based on price, and i think it is safe to say that SS probably would clean better than M1 given and equal OCI.

Here me out guys. Im a M1 fan, But based on the shear amount of additives in each oil it would seem that Amsoil SS would likely have the upper hand with its massive amounts of calcium (3,800 ppm) and lots of boron (200+ppm).

Would this translate into better cleaning over M1 EP in the real world? Im not 100% sure but i would venture to say given and equal 10k mile interval probably so.

The massive downside is Amsoil SS cost twice as much, but more than likely will not give twice the cleaning power or allow twice the actual oil change interval of M1 EP.

It's anyones guess, but can we honestly say we have ever seen a dirty engine that was ran on Amsoil, M1, or any synthetic at a reasonable interval? I sure haven't seen any i would consider dirty...dirty.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Amsoil signature series is probably even better than Mobil 1, buy you get Mobil 1 for less than $5 a quart which makes it a huge value.

Do tell. Exactly where can I find the data that says amsoil is better than m1.

And not some amsoil white paper. Or some nonsense testing method.

Well another one of crazyoildude's random threads, I figured I'd stir the pot.

LOL! No kidding!!! I think that this phrase applies here ---

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say. A fool speaks because he has to say something".

Joe you still make me laugh like the post you answered about breaking in an engine you wrote drive it like you stole it..
And yes Clevy that was one of crazy oil dudes random threads. Do you have an answer? I love the people that have to answer or comment just to post something. Those people should think before they post.

By the way Joe i like the last part of your post that reads (A wise man speaks because he has something to say. A fool speaks because he has to say something) That sort of sums up most of your posts. Again Joe you crack me up.. Sorry I could not resist i posted a couple of days ago that i would ignore you but you got me i could not resist.

Pulled the valve covers off the 4.6L in my Crown Vic, been running it for 30K miles on Mobil 1 10W-30, valves were the cleanest I've ever seen in a car, so I now think M1 cleans pretty good. This is an old police car I picked up with 100K miles, I've put 30 on it, just an old service car, year 2000.
Previously they used conventional oil but serviced it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back