Best places in Seattle to visit ?

Been thinking more about my last trip there.
If you like pho, Ba Bar was very good.
Harbor City was good for dim sum and roast duck.

“When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go
Downtown
When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help, I know
Downtown

Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose?
The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares

So go
Downtown“

• Haha
Reactions: GON
“Freeattle”….

I have watched a very well done documentary on that city from a local tv station there.

Very sad. Don’t feed the bears applied to humans too.

What is tolerated… that line is pushed farther and farther away from reasonable expectations of behavior. Eventually it becomes dysfunctional and definitely not “ compassionate “.

It depends on what you are interested in. The Museum of Flight is worthwhile if you are into aviation. Another suggestion is to plan a meal or overnight at the Snoqualmie Falls Lodge which is really a short drive east of the city. They call it the Salish Lodge now.

Once it gets dark I wouldn’t be anywhere in Seattle

We went downtown a few weeks ago. Still saw lots of street people and noticed a persistent omnipresent odor of pot. Had a obviously headcase come storming out of an alley yelling nonsense at us. Luckily he ran back into the alley as I took an aggressive stance toward him to get between him and the wife.

The experience music project became the museum of pop culture - it was pretty cool before, not sure how it is now.

My wife and I visited Seattle in October 2007. She attended a conference and I tagged along to see the city.

We enjoyed a DUCK (amphibious vehicle) tour of the downtown and harbour), and (not part of the DUCK tour) an evening visit to the monorail and Space Needle at the site of the '62 World Fair. (Per the interpretive centre, when the Space Needle was built, it was the tallest structure west of the Mississippi. By 2007, it was only the 7th tallest in the Seattle area.)

While my wife was at the conference, I really liked the tour of the Boeing plant and a visit to the Museum of Flight. So many highlights - a retired Air Force One and a Concorde come to mind.

There were some good restaurants too - Ethiopian and Italian stood out.

I enjoyed some of the unusual architecture as well.

We enjoyed a DUCK (amphibious vehicle) tour of the downtown and harbour), and (not part of the DUCK tour) an evening visit to the monorail and Space Needle at the site of the '62 World Fair.

No longer available. Every location of the former "Ride the Ducks" company has shut down. The one in Seattle had a notorious incident on a bridge.

Crabpot on the Seattle waterfront is nice. Of course the Space Needle and Pikes Place Market. If you do get on this side of the water, Kitsap county. Let me know for sure.

It depends on what you are interested in. The Museum of Flight is worthwhile if you are into aviation. Another suggestion is to plan a meal or overnight at the Snoqualmie Falls Lodge which is really a short drive east of the city. They call it the Salish Lodge now.

Once it gets dark I wouldn’t be anywhere in Seattle

Yeah no doubt…

I went to a ROUGH area of Norfolk the other week…. I am darn glad it was broad daylight.

To be fair… Even Williamsburg has a “ rough” area in town. Though quite mild compared to Richmond or DC.

I will tell anyone to stay away from the Food Lion off Richmond Rd after dark… World champions there…

And the drug stores in that area all shut down that used to be 24 hours open.

They all got robbed at gun point… And the Sunoco gas station off Richmond Road got robbed two times a gun point. A very nice lady who obviously had been through a lot in her life was the victim in that case. I really felt bad for her because you could tell she didn’t need that very, very bad experience.

Every place can and likely has “ rough “ areas… To be fair.

I don’t believe in enabling people who are obviously in a bad place mentally, emotionally, and physically. That is not compassionate.

Your sign an area is going down the hill is see if businesses are fleeing…. There are darn good reason for that.

Last edited:
Every place can and likely has “ rough “ areas… To be fair.

I don’t believe in enabling people who are obviously in a bad place mentally, emotionally, and physically. That is not compassionate.

Your sign an area is going down the hill is see if businesses are fleeing…. There are darn good Rey for that.

Seattle makes it easy. The whole downtown area is rough.

I have a friend that works at Amazon HQ. She rides the train into downtown. From the station she gets on an Amazon shuttle bus that is parked right outside. That takes her direct to the HQ. Amazon had to do this to assure employee safety. No one wants to take the city bus.

I have a friend that works at Amazon HQ. She rides the train into downtown. From the station she gets on an Amazon shuttle bus that is parked right outside. That takes her direct to the HQ. Amazon had to do this to assure employee safety. No one wants to take the city bus.

Yes sir that’s what the local abc tv documentary I saw showed.

It was really sad, shocking and just illogical the way things are being handled there.

Is Tacoma better than Seattle for safety?

Back