Best car movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search and cannot believe this has not been discussed. My favorite car movie has to be Bullit. Steve Mcqueen driving that Mustang is about as good as it gets. Second, would be Vanishing Point. I would like to hear what other car movies you all like.

CHRISTINE love the 58 plymouth fury,MACON COUNTY(I think thats the name) where the guys cross the country to get to some big drag race.

The Wraith (1986) - with Charlie Sheen.

Lots of drag racing, funny movie with great 80's Glam rock music.
cool.gif
Vanishing Point & Smokey and The Bandit are also pretty good movies.

It wasn't a car ACTION movie, but I liked My Cousin Vinny for the car-related dialogue. Real car talk and principles are NEVER featured in movies, but here they were central to the plot.

I also have a fondness for the movie that had Mcqueen as a Formula 1 driver. Then on the other end of the spectrum, the Frankie Avalon/Annette Funicello drag racing/beach party movies of the sixties. And in THAT vein, how can you leave out American Grafitti?

[ August 30, 2004, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: TooManyWheels ]

quote:

Days of Thunder the worst by a mile IMO.

What, you don't think it was realistic for cars to be hammering into each other at 200mph, flaming wrecks with no caution flags, and a numbnut with a tore up front end coming from the back to the front in 10 laps at a superspeedway?
wink.gif

Actually, they did that SAME movie with airplanes. Called it Top Gun I think...

DUEL

This is the best movie ever! LOL It does have a car and a neat chase scene so it's a car movie....So what if the Star is a 1955 Peterbilt!

I live very near the guy that ownes the last remaining truck from the movie. One of these days he's gonna take me for a cruise in it and show me how to shift twin sticks!

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (1974)
Bullitt (1968)
The Dukes of Hazzard (OK it's not a movie!)

Common thread?: '68-'70 Charger
bowdown.gif

Hollywood Knights has several good cars in it and the street race between the Cobra and Bucket-T sounds awfully realistic!

With out a doubt the best car movie was and is the Road Warrior!!!! Mad Max's Ford Falcon XB was sooooooooo cool and the rest of the cars and tankers and even that gyro!

i think mad max was nice.

when i was a boy "the wraith" was scientific but kinda cool...

origional gone in 60 seconds..

cannonball run...all of them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back