Best Budget Oil Filters ($<10) Most Inexpensive the Better

Hello all, long time lurker first time poster.
I notice many oil filter threads focus on the "best" oil filter.
However, it seems to me that there are likely adequately performing budget oil filters which often do not get highlighted.

Do any members want to share their best budget friendly oil filter brand loosely defined as
Looking for minimum standard features of anti-drain back valve, and bypass relief valve.

The use case here is frequent oil changes (3,000m, or 5,000km) so long-interval integrity is not a concern.

For example, right now I use:

DENSO Oil Filter
Part Number: W0133-2042907

Which seems pretty solid but there are so many options that I wanted to know if others have any gems to share.

Member did some research already, check this out.

I also like the Champ XL as the best budget filter - if your OK with an e-core and nitrile ADBV. Thats assuming First brands doesn't screw them up like they did Fram. The ones I got were like $3.50 and I added them to something I already was ordering. Its essentially the same as the Supertech blue can but it has a nitrile ADBV. The supertech isn't worth the 6 bucks there charging now, IMHO.

Per your Denso, I have one in the drawer that looks well made, but it seems to be nothing special / typical OEM quality filter.

I am trying the Pentius next. It looks really good for the price, but I haven't run it yet.

Thirding champ xl, supertech, fram TG or ultra.

Wix seems to be getting some hate lately.

Thirding champ xl, supertech, fram TG or ultra.

Wix seems to be getting some hate lately.
Long time Wix user, dumped them a couple years ago with the M&H takeover.

Switched to Fram at that point. I have a bunch but won't be buying them anymore based on the wavy pleat cut opens posted here as of late.

Your options are getting thinner by the day it seems.

Can't go wrong with most OEM filters. $5-$8. Available at your local dealer. No problem if there is a warranty issue. Looks dealer serviced.
The mitsu oil filter looks ok. I wonder who makes it?

My Nissan OEM filters on the other hand are cheap Mahle filters, so there definitely not worth it.

As already mentioned it's hard to beat the rockauto $2 Champs and similar. The white Champ filter is good filter for exactly what you are looking for. I also like the ChampXL for a few dollars more and it is a well made filter and low cost on Rockauto. If you are shopping locally then the Supertech is the way to go followed by an Autozone STP blue can. The Fram orange cans are priced too high for what they offer in my opinion.

However, it seems to me that there are likely adequately performing budget oil filters which often do not get highlighted.

Do any members want to share their best budget friendly oil filter brand loosely defined as
Looking for minimum standard features of anti-drain back valve, and bypass relief valve.

The use case here is frequent oil changes (3,000m, or 5,000km) so long-interval integrity is not a concern.

DENSO Oil Filter

Which seems pretty solid but there are so many options that I wanted to know if others have any gems to share.

Premium Guard

DENSO Oil Filter

Supertech & ACdelco for me. Or champ labs e core. All are about the same. Some supertechs such-as 10060(if I remember the # right) use a dual ADBV/bypass valve so I go with the equivalent ACDelco or super tech MP with a dome end BP valve for those. Prefer delco because it’s cheaper and I don’t need the silicone ADBV for $2 more. I don’t know that the champ labs from rock auto come out le$$ after shipping or not? Maybe if you order several and stock pile. Just hope your car dosnt give up the ghost early for any reason if ya do that.

I used to be a FUG guy but currently the whole fleet (but 1) has been switched over to Champ XL.

Another low cost fav is the SuperTech and Full

Back