Best "bang for the buck" filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$4 for the orange can at WM.

Good filtration, solid can, GOOD gasket (unlike Purolator).

Originally Posted By: KCJeep

However with a recent sale and AAP on line codes I've recently picked up several Fram orange cans for 2 bucks and change, I consider them a great value at that price.

Nothing at all wrong with the FRAM orange can.

Originally Posted By: KevGuy
$5 for the orange can at Walmart.
The only thing the orange can is good for is for target practice
39.gif

My personal favorite for the dollar is Bosch Premium, especially when on sale / rebates, etc. I believe some on BITOG say it is a near clone to the P1 if I'm not mistaken.

Originally Posted By: Bamaro
Purelator Classics are still only available in limited sizes at my local WalMart.

The only filters Kmart carries are Puro's, and they have a much bigger selection of them than Walmart, if you have a Kmart near you...

The OCOD is the best "BANG" for the buck filter out there-put it in to make your con rods go BANG! Seriously, my vote has to be for the Quaker State (built by Purolator) from Menard's when they have the $1.99 sale-SB Chevy and Ford sized for under $2.

I like the Amsoil 15,000 mile oil filter it is the only filter I will buy from now on and is very sturdy.

Why not operate from a knowledge base instead of anecdotal evidence.
Watch the videos on oil filter anatomy and oil filter testing and engineering at
youtube.com/cadzillals6

So you would rather use an 80% efficient filter that is made for the quick lube 3k industry than an orange can that is 94% efficiency? Guess running 14% more dirt through your engine is ok with you. Not worth saving a buck.

Originally Posted By: Motorking
So you would rather use an 80% efficient filter that is made for the quick lube 3k industry than an orange can that is 94% efficiency? Guess running 14% more dirt through your engine is ok with you. Not worth saving a buck.
You and KevGuy need to get together! Especially with BITOG members' recent experiences with Fram TGs not sealed to the center tube & off-center "engineered media" ends.

Could one be the online alter ego of the other?
Both seem a little heavy on the Fram posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back