Bel Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
_5188190cw.jpg

_5188192w.jpg

They don't make cars in "happy blue" anymore. It would still go with the gray interiors they stick in 99% of cars...

As much as people like the styling of these cars, I find the chrome front bumper a little overdone and heavy with all its sharp corners.

I don't mind the chrome on classic cars. What I don't like on that particular Chevy are the wheels, which make it look like a Johnny Lighting. As for the color, I actually prefer the green color of the hydrant.
48.gif

I like it, and would love to see it burning rubber.

Those wheels down here are called "American Racers". Genuine American Racers were hard to come by, and Aunger sold their version down here....here on my favourite build, was the love of my life at the time.

lj.jpg

Chrome is always good...some of the Caddys and Chryslers took it too far, but the 55-57 Chev were spot on.

Incidentally, it was chrome bumper that have lead to many failure of power station components built in the 80s...there was always chrome in the scrap steel that became the basis for pressure piping...the virgin steels of the 80s, or the chrome free scrap, allowed a lot of watterd high pressure stuff to develop FAC (Flow Accelerated Corrosion), killing a fair few power workers.

Recently, the addition of only trace quantities of Chrome have stopped the phenomenom.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Thanks for posting a pic of one of the most collectable model

You should have seen the driver. He was also a collectible.
grin.gif
I was going to ask him to pose for me with his Chevy, but he got in and was gone before I could approach him.

That thing looks like it is straight out of 'American Graffiti"...it doesn't get any better than that for a classic!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
That thing looks like it is straight out of 'American Graffiti"...it doesn't get any better than that for a classic!

Bob Falfa (Harrison Ford) was driving and racing a black '55 Chevy in American Graffiti.

Beautiful 55. If it were mine I would change just a few things.

1. Steel wheels with baby moon hub caps.
2. Wide white wall tires.
3. Run the exhaust out the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back