Barn car tires worth saving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Also the lug pattern is a weird 4x108 or something that only fits Contours and Tempos.

I'm running a 19 year old tire I found under the bed of my F150, former spare, now daily use. No cracking on it, holds air, has traction, all you want.

I've got a 12 year old tire on the ever faithful "Bluesmobile." Looks brand new but it's hard as iron.

A couple of years ago, someone gave me two tires to put on the ever faithful "Bluesmobile." They had been barn stored in a dark, cool place. They even still had the stickers on them and had never been used. Not a crack on them. But they were so hard, no amount of hammering would make them flex enough to go on the wheel. I ended up destroying the bead on one of the tires trying to mount it. I finally threw both of them in the trash. Broke my heart.

The GY Eagles on my Caddy are about 12 years old & had been stored inside...they mounted easily, rubber was soft, they grip well. Honestly...if not for the fact that I know the V-rated Eagle GT in my size is long-disco'd, I would never have guessed they were that old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back