Baldwin filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't publish them you have to call there 800 number. But most of there microlite media filters are 12 microns nominal.

Originally Posted By: cp3
I couldn't find them published anywhere but an email to them through their website got a quick response with the info.

+1 I got an email back in a few days with the info i was after. Great service

I emailed them and they did respond very promptly with the info I asked for, although I wasn't very impressed by the specs.

"The type of media in the B1402 is cellulose. The micron filtration rate is 23 Nominal; 45 Absolute; 75.98% average efficiency."

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OnTheWaterfront
I emailed them and they did respond very promptly with the info I asked for, although I wasn't very impressed by the specs.

"The type of media in the B1402 is cellulose. The micron filtration rate is 23 Nominal; 45 Absolute; 75.98% average efficiency."

That's not as good as the spec's I got from them for the numbers I use. (I can't remember the numbers, one was a BT223.)

So it looks like the different filters vary quite a lot in efficiency.

Not impressive at all,,i too called a few times on p/n and wasn't impressed by the numbers,too bad too as these are quality built filters.

BX=2/BX=75:18/40

Means,

50% @ 18 microns
98.7% @ 40 microns (same as a small Purolator Classic)

Average Efficiency: 74.65%

Not sure what that means ... maybe the efficiency at 20 microns?

Originally Posted By: daman
Not impressive at all,,i too called a few times on p/n and wasn't impressed by the numbers,too bad too as these are quality built filters.

I found it, it was the B243 that was 99.96% at 30 microns, 50% @ 12 microns, and 85.44% average efficiency. Not too bad, but not excelellent. The BT233 is the smaller of the two, and you're right, not super.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

No that is all micron sizes tested. It could be as small as 2 microns on up, I think.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

No that is all micron sizes tested. It could be as small as 2 microns on up, I think.

Anyone got a link to what Baldwin means by "average efficiency of 85.44%"?

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Originally Posted By: daman

I found it, it was the B243 that was 99.96% at 30 microns, 50% @ 12 microns, and 85.44% average efficiency. Not too bad, but not excelellent. The BT233 is the smaller of the two, and you're right, not super.

Yea not to bad,wish i kep my emails!
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back