audi oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a couple of genuine audi oil filters for my a6 2.7T. Written on the outside of the filter is 30000km and 2 jahre for 20K Miles and 2 years. Sounds too good to be true. Should I change oil without changing the filter?

Nah... they're inexpensive enough. I would change the filter along with oil.

Those audis in Europe that are on a variable oil change interval can go as far as 30k km before the light on the dashboard comes informing the driver that it's time to go for service. So, they had to make sure the filter doesn't need to be changed sooner either. But if the light comes on at 15k km, both the oil and filter are changed at that time.

If you are using cheaper oil, then remove the filter and pour it out. Then re-install the old filter with fresh dino oil. Now, if you are running expensive synth at a longer oci, go ahead and change the filter. I re-use filters all the time.

I've had the last three oil changes analysed by blackstone labs. The first I ran to 10K miles per the service spec and the analysis said the oil and filter were done. The third analysis said to cut the duty cycle back to 8K miles due to iron. Car's due for an oil change and since I'm using synthetic, I'll change the filter, too. It has 65K and I want 200K out of it, so I'll baby it for another six years. Thanks for your help.

The Audi/VW (VAG) filters are usually made by MANN. They are a good filter. If you are taking the time to change the oil I would change the filter as well. What are you saving by not changing it? $5? maybe $8 if you get them at the dealer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back