Arex Rex Zero 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently sold my Sigma SW40VE so I am familiar with heavy triggers, I had no issues hitting anything at the range with it and that must have been a 14+lb trigger, so I'm not afraid of the SD9VE trigger.

I am actually sort of concerned with the way the industry is headed with 4 lb triggers on passive safety guns like the P10C. My M&P shield has a 6.5 lb trigger and seems about perfect for a carry gun, although it could use some internal polishing to smooth it out.

I don't mind a heavy trigger but smooth double action pulls are nice, this is why I am interested in the DA/SA of the Rex zero 1. I just wish it was a decock only and no manual safety. I would probably keep it on DA mode with the safety off always.

The P10C is pretty much unavailable anywhere I've looked so it's off the table unless I wait awhile, which is a shame because it's looking really sweet from all the videos I've watched.

Most of those I listed are around $550-620 at Budsgunshop where I will likely purchase from except the SD9VE is around $330 and my old SW40VE holster should still fit since it's almost identical in shape and size.

The Ruger american is about $430 which much cheaper than most of the ones I'm looking at but the quality seems on par with the higher priced guns.

I'm actually concerned with the aftermarket availability of glock parts, I can see myself spending way too much on accessories which isn't in the budget. The one that I was looking at has glo pro night sights and 3 mags for $550

Memphis - I am with you on the light triggers. For me, a clean, smooth pull and a break right at 5 lbs is perfect for me. My concern is that a gun that comes with a 4 pound trigger bone stock and factory fresh; that is going to break in, wear out and be about a 3 lb pull one day..... Much too light for a gun that is for self defense of any type, IMO. I worked on a 15 year old Glock 23 that had about 20,000 rounds through it and the only part that was ever replaced was the recoil spring. With the factory connector, the trigger was just barely reaching 3 pounds before it fired. I replaced the trigger and striker spring and the 6 pound stock pull came back. Luckily that is cheap and easy to do on a glock, other brands may or may not be so easy to correct or tune like that.

The CZ P10C is just now hitting distributers and by the looks of it, is not going to be in stock long. Availability is one of the biggest draw backs to the CZ brand in general. It isn't Kel-tec level of unavailable but they sell out very quickly. You may have to pre-order or at least put a deposit on one if your dealer will even do it.

The reviews on the Ruger American seem pretty mixed. Almost all the reviews say the gun is very top heavy, heavy in general, has a high bore axis and harsh recoil. I am not sure what your idea of quality is but the Ruger looks awful to me. The fit and finish look terrible (like most Rugers) and for me, the lines and aesthetics are horrid. It looks like an M&P and a Ruger P89 got drunk and made sloppy, angry, hateful love with the American being their illegitimate offspring.... Yuck!

As far as customizing the Glock goes, most hobbies; including firearms does require some level of self control. Not wanting one for fear that you will customize it too much and blow all your money is pretty funny. I don't think I have ever heard of that one before. The good news is that unless you are planning on swapping slides or barrels, the glock aftermarket world is pretty inexpensive.

Well if I don't change my mind by the time I get my tax refund I think I'll just go ahead and get the Rex zero 1S, if I don't like it I'm sure I can sell it. I just haven't told my wife how much I'm spending on this gun yet, because the last time we discussed it I was looking at the $425 American compact.

As many of you might know uncle Sam is holding refunds for anyone claiming certain credits this year so I have to wait til the end of the month at least to buy but I did find a cheaper price.

I found the rex zero 1s for $540+30 shipping on Prepper gun shop but you have to use the make an offer tab to get that sale price as the list price for that site is $599+shipping

Neat little tool if you've never used slick guns before

That's interesting. I have heard some really mixed things about sig cpo guns... Some people report getting like new guns and others report extensive wear on their barrels and slides. I wouldn't mind getting ahold of one of the ones that got a bunch of new parts.

I went to a gun shop to feel triggers on some similar guns, and I think I fell in love with the Gen 4 glock 19. I don't remember them feeling that good, but everything about it seems to great.

I am looking at one of the Talo exclusive models at Budsgunshop for $550 comes with front night sight by ameriglo and 3 mags

My buddy has a G43 Talo with that special front night sight, he loves it and is looking to convert some of his other weapons to it. I shot it today and it is a great set up.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I went to a gun shop to feel triggers on some similar guns, and I think I fell in love with the Gen 4 glock 19. I don't remember them feeling that good, but everything about it seems to great.

I am looking at one of the Talo exclusive models at Budsgunshop for $550 comes with front night sight by ameriglo and 3 mags

The Gen 4 Glocks are excellent out of box. The only pet peeve of mine on a stock Glock anymore are the plastic sights. Get a model with steel sights or swap them out later and you are good to go! The Talo model you are looking at sounds like a good deal.

Now that saw the Springfield special giving out 4 free magazines I think ima check out the XD Mod2 in either 4 inch or maybe 4.5 barrel. Not only is it cheaper than the glock but 4 mags is quite a large amount of icing on the cake

Now that saw the Springfield special giving out 4 free magazines I think ima check out the XD Mod2 in either 4 inch or maybe 4.5 barrel. Not only is it cheaper than the glock but 4 mags is quite a large amount of icing on the cake

I have the mod2 Service (4in) in 9mm. It's been flawless so far, definitely more ergonomic than the older ones. Aside from the free mags, don't forget the mecgars if you see them around, I think they are +2?

I'm not sure about the mecgears, I'm usually an oem mag person, I will have to see what people are saying about them but if the gun comes with 2 and I get 4 later with the rebate thing, then I probably won't need more than 6.

Originally Posted By: AMC

The Gen 4 Glocks are excellent out of box. The only pet peeve of mine on a stock Glock anymore are the plastic sights. Get a model with steel sights or swap them out later and you are good to go! The Talo model you are looking at sounds like a good deal.

I think the model I'm looking at is a metal rear U sight plain black and the front is probably steel too

I'm not sure about the mecgears, I'm usually an oem mag person, I will have to see what people are saying about them but if the gun comes with 2 and I get 4 later with the rebate thing, then I probably won't need more than 6.

lol.... google Mecgar and OEM. I bought an xds and the mod2 service during the last promotion they did. It took FOREVER to get my mags, great promotion though.

Originally Posted By: JDM396
I bought an xds and the mod2 service during the last promotion they did. It took FOREVER to get my mags, great promotion though.

Yeah it says 8-12 weeks which is crazy. I don't mind waiting but the blurb about how they can cancel the promotion at anytime without warning is concerning since the four extra magazines are weighing heavily on my purchase I would be super upset if I never got them.

I like to have 4 mags total with whatever I use at the range, so if I buy the Arex I'll have to purchase two extra mags and if I get the glock Talo it comes with 3, and I'll probably buy a couple 33 round mags since they're available if I change my mind to the glock again.

I really gotta stop going to the gun shop and picking up guns. I held two different Sig 320s, one was the compact and one was the carry model and wow they feel good in the hand. The trigger was really awesome too when I dry fired it, probably the best I've dry fired for a striker, very little take up and breaks very crisp.

I went into the store to hold the XD Mod2 and I really like it, but the Sig felt better in the grip and trigger.

Mec Gars were OEM on my 1911, and they are excellent. So much so I bought more, felt no need to tinker with anything else.

I really gotta stop going to the gun shop and picking up guns. I held two different Sig 320s, one was the compact and one was the carry model and wow they feel good in the hand. The trigger was really awesome too when I dry fired it, probably the best I've dry fired for a striker, very little take up and breaks very crisp.

I went into the store to hold the XD Mod2 and I really like it, but the Sig felt better in the grip and trigger.

I don't mean to be a buzz kill but it sounds to me like you are just excited about the new purchase. You will most likely be happy with whatever gun you pick. Why? because there are so many good guns out there that it really is hard to go wrong.

That being said, what you should be doing is going to all the gun shops and trying out all the guns!!!!!

Do some compare/contrast, figure out what you really want and then go buy it and enjoy yourself!

Take advantage of the freedoms you are granted being an American (while you still can) and go spend some of your hard earned cash!

You deserve it!

34.gif

Thanks for the kind words, you are pretty much right, there are lots of good choices.

I don't get to get new guns very often which is why I'm trying to make the "Right" decision.

I am very aware that there is no perfect gun, and if I could I would buy them all. It just seems so hard to make a choice, but once the money hits the bank I'll be driving straight to the gun store and picking something up.

Okay so I ordered the full size Rex Zero 1S at Budsgunshop and selected in store pickup so I can actually get my hands on one before I pay.

They normally only stock 1 of them so I didn't want to risk it not being there. If I don't love it when I get my hands on it I'll probably just pick something else while I'm there.

I am waiting on tax refund which is supposed to be here next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back