Are Wagner Thermoquiet Brake Pads US Made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put a set on my Daily driver today real nice pads but I pitched the box and forgot to see where the pads we're made. The part number is PD924 anybody know?

I know cheapie NAPA Tru Stops are made in China...lol
One of the few thats made there I have seen.

Originally Posted By: jdmstr22
Would you say Thrrmoquiet is the best mass otc aftermarket or is it still raybestos

It depends on the car, some pads work better than others in the same car.
IMHO TQ are over rated, fancy package and big advertising but open the box only to find FF pads.
I much prefer Bendix CT-3 pads most are GG rated and US or Canada production. Akebono has some good pads also.
The Platinum series from Advance are better rated than the TQ in some cases, so it pays to open the box and check it out before parting with your money.

Would you say Thrrmoquiet is the best mass otc aftermarket or is it still raybestos

Neither, Akebono Pro-Act would be my first choice for brake pads.

Originally Posted By: Donald

Just ordered a set for my wife's Civic. Going to have someone else install it for me. Not sure, but there are claims that the ProACTs are OEM. Went with Wagner ThermoQuiet shoes.

Not sure if it need new rotors/drums, but I'm thinking of getting new ones anyways. I've heard that new rotors are much cheaper these days and can often be cheaper than resurfacing. Haven't decided on which rotors/drums though. Maybe Brembo? Wagner?

Yeah you've got to check the box. Stuff is made all over... part number specific.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Would you say Thermoquiet is the best mass otc aftermarket or is it still raybestos

It depends on the car, some pads work better than others in the same car.
IMHO TQ are over rated, fancy package and big advertising but open the box only to find FF pads.
I much prefer Bendix CT-3 pads most are GG rated and US or Canada production. Akebono has some good pads also.
The Platinum series from Advance are better rated than the TQ in some cases, so it pays to open the box and check it out before parting with your money.

I used both TQ and CT-3 (different cars), I like CT-3 better for better stopping performance and less brake dust.

agree. made in usa also I think, to japanese qc standards

I have some Akebono Pro-Act Ceramics on my CR-V and they work well. Little dust, quiet, and they stop well.

I would like to try EBC pads on my Rainier, but whatever is on there shows no signs of dying.

Akebono Pro Act pads are what we use at work and they have been the best pads we have used by far and they are made in the US in Elizabeth, Ky.

Originally Posted By: strat81
I have some Akebono Pro-Act Ceramics on my CR-V and they work well. Little dust, quiet, and they stop well.

I just put the same on our CR-V, and they were indeed made in the USA. I've been using the Pro-ACTs on both cars and on a few friends' cars now, and I really like the brand.

I've used the TQs before, and believe they're FAR from the best product out there. In fact, I was quite unimpressed with them.

I just installed a set of Wagner-made PerfectStop pads and it said on the box made by Federal-Mogul in Smithville, TN using US and global components. But FM does source other things from China.

And I also had a Motorcraft box as well and the label size/font are the same.

The box from the Thermoquiet pads I installed last Sunday got thrown in the recycling container which was collected Tuesday.
Too bad.
You've now got me curious.

If you really are curious then email FM with your specific part number and politely ask for the country of origin.

Most companies I email respond with the info, but some won't or the customer service person acts like there isn't a way for them to find out (which isn't true in most cases).

I make it a habit to specifically avoid products from companies that won't provide COO info if you ask for it, but most companies will. Some, like Beck/Arnley, are very responsive and fast with the info.

The unknown front pad on the 2006 Volvo V70 was okay but it produces too much brake dust, I bought a "Used" Bosch QuietCast from Amazon Warehouse for $9 shipped.

Installed it couple weeks ago, braking seems to improve a little, no noise but more importance is almost no dirt, the wheels are clean after 2 weeks. With the old pads the wheels were cover with black brake dust after 3-4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back