Are there any DIY AC Recharge kits that don't contain sealant?

At some point it becomes a beater and then you only fix the necessities.

I got a Ford station wagon from my mom as we were trying to stop her from driving with Alzheimer's.

It had no heat or A/C or dash lights but it ran pretty well.
Yeah but it gets to 100c in the summer here. Can't really show up to work soaked in sweat.

I would not. Sealant gums up expansion valves, compressors, everything. If he’s leaking a few ounces per year, then he is better off refilling rather than risking gumming things up with sealant.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Never add a refrigerant with a sealer in it.

I just added 5 ozs to my cars AC system that was a bit weak and now it’s really working way better.

And let us remember AC refrigerant is weighed … Most car and truck AC systems have between 0.75 Kg and 2 Kg of refrigerant in them.

And even 3-6 ozs of refrigerant can make a big difference.

Funny the picture on my AC hose set up has it obviously being much lower psi when to add refrigerant. Which makes sense to me because 12 ozs blindly added can easily over pressurize a system.

Last edited:
It's a 2012 Civic LX.

My car is a 2012 Honda EX … I believe my system is ok it just needed a little bump up in R 134a. And after a good number of years that is not uncommon in my opinion.?

I just added that 5 ozs to mine.

What I noticed last year and again a few weeks ago was that my AC took awhile to get down to mid 40s coming out of the vents. It would get there just took 15-20 minutes. Granted this was with the temperature being 125-150 degrees F.

So I added that 5 ozs just last week and now my AC dives from 125-150 right down to 60 degrees F easily. Then it continues to go down much, much quicker to the mid 40s and low 40s.

I would suggest getting a temperature thermometer and putting it in your AC vent to the right of your stereo system dash area. That way you can get a real world accurate reading of what’s going on with your AC system.

I have multiple sclerosis and working AC is a very, very, very important need for me. High heat makes my illness way worse.

I hope that you can get your AC working properly again soon.

Back