Apocalypse movies

Filmed in Atlanta.

I wonder how many yahoos are going to take this movie too seriously?
Yeah, we should ban it. Ban discussion on twitter, FB, etc. to. You know those yahoos. They take fantasy so seriously.:ROFLMAO:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fallout. Wow. Extreme fantasy. Girl is cute. Corny, violent, non plausible. Everything for non-yahoos :LOL: :p(y)

Fallout is not a movie but movies mostly blow these days because they have to have the widest possible appeal without offending any subgroup or weirdo. Streaming services often do not try to but can get away with less wokey-woke garbage and Fallout is pretty good, especially coming from Amazon which is not exactly known for controversial content.

Fallout is a dystopian story based on a video game series that started in the '90s. This is an alternate history story in which the story's history matches ours until, WW2. In Fallout, the atomic age has progressed much quicker than it did in our universe. We get a 1940s and 1950s retro-futuristic aesthetic, known as Atom Punk but most technology is nuclear or fusion-powered. You do not have to know the games or have played the games to enjoy the series. The first three episodes were directed by Jonathan Nolan, the brother of Chris Nolan. I feel lucky when I find one show worth watching every year. The first season has dropped with a total of 8 episodes on Amazon Prime. I'd give this show 8/10.

Rated MA

Yeah, we should ban it. Ban discussion on twitter, FB, etc. to. You know those yahoos. They take fantasy so seriously.:ROFLMAO:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fallout. Wow. Extreme fantasy. Girl is cute. Corny, violent, non plausible. Everything for non-yahoos :LOL: :p(y)

I never said nor implied anything close to that.

I never said nor implied anything close to that.
You didn't write "I wonder how many yahoos are going to take this movie too seriously?"

I'm not sure what you meant. Something was implied. Like some people can't handle a corny or not corny fictional movie.

What people precisely? Kids? People who eat cheese puffs? Criminal gangs?

yahoo

noun​

1. One of a race of filthy brutes in Swift's “Gulliver's Travels.” See in the Dictionary of Noted Names in Fiction.
  2. Hence, any brutish or vicious character.
  3. A raw countryman; a lout; a greenhorn.

Last edited:
You didn't write "I wonder how many yahoos are going to take this movie too seriously?"

I'm not sure what you meant. Something was implied. Like some people can't handle a corny or not corny fictional movie.

yahoo

noun​

1. One of a race of filthy brutes in Swift's “Gulliver's Travels.” See in the Dictionary of Noted Names in Fiction.

yahoo

noun​

I did and clearly I said nothing about censorship

I did and clearly I said nothing about censorship
I know you didn't. That was not directed at you in particular.

Fallout is not a movie but movies mostly blow these days because they have to have the widest possible appeal without offending any subgroup or weirdo. Streaming services often do not try to but can get away with less wokey-woke garbage and Fallout is pretty good, especially coming from Amazon which is not exactly known for controversial content.

Fallout is a dystopian story based on a video game series that started in the '90s. This is an alternate history story in which the story's history matches ours until, WW2. In Fallout, the atomic age has progressed much quicker than it did in our universe. We get a 1940s and 1950s retro-futuristic aesthetic, known as Atom Punk but most technology is nuclear or fusion-powered. You do not have to know the games or have played the games to enjoy the series. The first three episodes were directed by Jonathan Nolan, the brother of Chris Nolan. I feel lucky when I find one show worth watching every year. The first season has dropped with a total of 8 episodes on Amazon Prime. I'd give this show 8/10.

Rated MA
It's gory, but fake enough not to cause dry heaves. I think your comments are spot on, but I'm only two episodes in.

I lump a lot of stories as movies. The new Shogun, not a movie, but a movie.

yahoo

noun​

Yahoo, is the official cheer of the Calgary Stampede. A” Yahoo” is also a male who loves to party and may take it a little too far, sort of like a guy who says “ here, hold my beer”.

Some people don’t like Yahoos and some people don’t know they are Yahoos.

As for the Calgary Stampede, it’s this July. Ya-hoooo!

Last edited:
Here’s is this year’s poster. It’s in the public domain and distribution is encouraged. Hope to see you all there.

1B423ED2-B4F6-4B84-93FF-873AC6943ACA.jpeg

Rated MA
Played the original Wasteland on DOS (fallouts inspiration), and every fallout game since. Also finished episode 2 last night, extremely well done and loving every minute.

End of Evangelion. Be warned though, its disturbing and makes little sense unless you've watched the TV series before it and understand the psuedo-symbolism that accompanies the series in general. Also, the apocalypse sorta happens during the movie.

Played the original Wasteland on DOS (fallouts inspiration), and every fallout game since. Also finished episode 2 last night, extremely well done and loving every minute.
Turning a video game into a movie or series is difficult. Good adaptions are far and in between. The film medium is different. The game requires player participation, watching a movie is a passive "activity." Simply trying to appease the gamers by throwing in things they recognize tends to ring very hollow and normies won't get the memberberries. I think the Fallout shows strikes a good balance between making it appealing to those familiar with the source material and those who no nothing about it. Series tend to peak around Season 3 and with Season 1 having been successful the creators can now get a bit bolder because so far they have played it safe out of necessity. They had to ease the viewers into this world.

Good fun and entertaining. And I didn't notice any signaling being shoved down my throat. There's a trans person/character on the show but that character isn't perpetuating any topic, issue, controversy or other divisive nonsense.

Folks into these type films may like this one. Go back to about 1974? to a Michael Caine film called The Island. Its silly / horror but fills the bill. Sorry - not Apocoalypse......
View attachment 214113
Great schlock! His mowing down the pirates was great. I'm sure Michael Caine, besides a tropical filming location, got a nice new car or downpayment on a new house out of that movie.

Last edited:
I do think the Terminator series are all post apocalyptic.
I agree. in my own head cannon, Terminator is the back story of the Matrix.
Recently rewatched Terminator Salvation (2009) all but the first 5 min or so set well after Judgement Day ( set in 2018)
Christian Bale is John Connor.

i found it enjoyable, does it have it's problems?, of course, but what part of the franchise hasn't?

Back