anyone see the new castrol bottles yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
So it appears they are dropping "Edge" and just going back to calling it Syntec. Probably a smart move. It's been known as Syntec for years and it seems most people still just call it Syntec instead of Edge. They should have just left it alone in the first place.

Well probably some marketing genius has to keep making an argument for being employed.

Oil next to food? The Safety person in me says "OMG!!!!"
grin.gif

I believe the starbursts have changed as well.

The previous starbursts did not say "resource conserving", but now they do on the new bottles.

Originally Posted By: Hyde244
I believe the starbursts have changed as well.

The previous starbursts did not say "resource conserving", but now they do on the new bottles.

Castrol still sucks though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Aww, now THAT is new. Thanks!

Have not seen it anywhere here.

Looks like that label is Walmart specific. I could be wrong though n

Originally Posted By: Clevy

It isn't specific to Wal Mart.

The graphic design overall is not specific to Walmart, but most of the 5-quart jugs sold at Walmart have the extra information at the bottom, trying to compel shoppers to return their used oil there.

Is it just me, or does that bottle make anyone else want to call their wife and have a little "afternoon delight"?

I think I need to up my meds.

I didn't realize the packaging was that new. It took me 2 years to go through my Mobil 1 supply and hadn't bought Castrol in a while. Here's the new GC bottle and 5w50.

20121230113143.jpg

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

The graphic design overall is not specific to Walmart, but most of the 5-quart jugs sold at Walmart have the extra information at the bottom, trying to compel shoppers to return their used oil there.
Yup. I have spotted the new Castrol bottles in Meijer.

Question, but I thought 5w40 Edge was made in Belgium? I just picked up some and I noticed it is made in the US and does not say European Formula on the front. It carries all the euro specs of the Belgium marked oil.

20130109170153.jpg

20130109170505.jpg

Originally Posted By: Torrid
Question, but I thought 5w40 Edge was made in Belgium?

It used to be some years back.

Now the 0w-40 is made in Belgium.

I saw the 5qt jugs at O'Reilly's today with the new labels. I like the older look better. The new one looks too sanitized. Hopefully if won't last long.

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool
At the OTHER Walmart, (Middle St. in East Weymouth.)

Taken an hour ago.

543878_448491601884058_1743782700_n.jpg

486145_448491705217381_1746194676_n.jpg

They also had Mobil 1 TDT 5W-40 for $26.97 a 5 gallon jug.

I take it you mean 5 qt? I thought they only sold it in the 1 gallon jugs. That's like another qt for free. I might pick up some to try it for that price, especially since the Autozone deals haven't been quite as good lately and I already have 3+ years worth of filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back