Anyone run GC in a Mini Cooper S?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently purchased a Supercharged 2006 Mini Cooper S convertible. Have run GC in VW's in the past. Has anyone ran GC in the Mini?

No personal experience with Cooper S, but I'm pretty sure it calls for LL-01 oil which the GC meets, so it should suit it fine.

GC is one of the three most popular oils for MINIs, with the three being MINI branded 5w30, GC, and M1 0w40.

I have two R56 MINI Coopers, and I normally run M1 0w40, but I wouldn't hesitate to run GC if it was easier to get, or cheaper.

I just purchased some 0w40 Mobil 1 for mine. It is on sale right now at AZ. Got 5 quarts and a Mobil 1 filter for 31.99. Got the Mobil 1 filter for my other vehicle.

I have run GC in my 05 cooper s since purchase, car has 65K on it now. I would recommend changing it at 5k and skip the silly 10k interval. I usually stock up on the sales by Autozone, sitting on 50+ qts. I also use it in my suburban

Last edited:
I used Total Quartz Energy 9000 0W-30 in my 2008 Mini Cooper S, with a factory filter. It is LL01 approved by BMW and also by Peugeot,co developer of the Prince engine used in the second generation. I am still under warranty until the end of the year and did it between free oil changes since I did not want to wait a year for Mini to pick up the tab.
http://www.performanceoilstore.com/proddetail.asp?prod=802213

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back