Anyone installed aftermarket stop/start defeat?

I'm going to be the first to pile on with the "just press the button to shut off the start/stop" when you start the engine posts. I just add pushing the button as part of the start up routine.

Reading about how these "hood open" defeats work appear pretty simple. I have not thought thru the scenarios that may arise from using one though.

I'm going to be the first to pile on with the "just press the button to shut off the start/stop" when you start the engine posts. I just add pushing the button as part of the start up routine.
Some GM vehicles in certain model years don’t have an off button. For example:
2018-‘20 or ‘21 Equinox/Terrain. Then GM finally started putting in an OFF button/switch.

I have a 2016 F150 2.7L . My auto stop rarely comes on. The battery needs to be in top condition for the electronics to allow it to work. It always activates if I run the truck on a long highway run and then stop. When I use my truck around town, the battery charge isn’t quite enough for auto start to work. This doesn’t effect daily driving or startup, just auto start.

I have one on my Equinox. Love it. Best under $20 mod ever.
I still dont buy the line about having a small turbo engine shutting down repeatedly not being a long term issue.
Do you have remote start? I've read some people mentioning that their remote start stopped working after connecting the device.

I'm looking at this one on Amazon.
I was curious if anyone had tried these, it's for a Chevy seems like a simple plug in.

Yes/

I installed this one, and it has been nice, and has worked so far for 2 years.

In my 2018 f150, a paper clip behind the a/ss switch works nicely, even though the modules are now out there.

I already have an auto module plugged into the transmission mode button so that I don’t have to press it 4x at every start. I prefer how the truck drives in eco mode, largely so. I learned that any number of commands on the same bus can screw up the mode selector function - anything from closing the door during the sequence to releasing the parking brake. While I for the most part adapted quickly, I feared that having two of these modules doing things at the same time would interfere with each other. So for me, paper clip for the win on a/ss.

Remote start work fine.

I wish that the stock shut off button had a retained power source so that once you shut it off it would stay off for more than just one key cycle. I doubt GM would enable it even of they could. They get Government credits for adding this ridiculous junk. Thankfully the Government is watching out for us and sending bureaucrats to tell vehicle builders how to do their jobs. (read this with all of the sarcasm you can muster)

Scott

Reading about how these "hood open" defeats work appear pretty simple. I have not thought thru the scenarios that may arise from using one though.
Some vehicles don't give you the option to turn it off from the factory. GM has done this on several models

I installed something on the Kia Soul. You pull off a cover on the side of the dash, unplug the start/stop dash button, and plug this thing into the button on one end and the wire from the dash into the thing on the other end. It simply "remembers" if the start/stop button was on or off between starts. Otherwise, every time you turn the car off and restart it, the start/stop is active by default.

I installed one from Amazon on our 2017 Buick Lacrosse. Seems to work fine, but haven't tried the remote start function. Short length of cable/plugs that went just under the front hood latch. There isn't a button to turn off the start stop on this car.

I put a Range unit on my '20 Traverse when bought new. No other cheap options at the time. It has been flawless.
It is also running off a Y splitter adapter harness on the OBD port, V1 Savvy running off the other side of the adapter.

Back