How does warranty work on AC Delco parts bought on and from Amazon?

Bought two of these AC Delco window motors June 19 on Amazon and sold by Amazon.

Yesterday I notice the right side doesn't work. Took the door panel off and just hear and feel a click at the motor when I hit the switch either way. Pulled the connector off the motor and plugged a headlight into it. Light burns bright in up and down switch positions so everything to the switch is good.

Never did a warranty exchange or return with Amazon, so how does it go? It's a pretty big job to get the motor with regulator out of the door, and then you have to take motor out of the regulator. That's not a problem, but with those parts out of the door, I have to tape or wedge up the glass as the car is outside, until I get a new part.

From the warranty PDF:
For more information about ACDelco service, you can call our toll free number 1-800-ACDelco (1-800-223-3526)

I'd give them a call. Report back what they say.

Here is someone who got their stuff warrantied:
https://www.cadillacforums.com/threads/ac-delco-warranty-replacement-on-amazon-successful.1087092/

I was able to use this in a chat with customer service to get them to send me a $0 replacement. Yes, they first pushed back and stated it was outside the window. Then, I sent her the link above, told her that her policy states they cover all manufacturer warranties. The Customer Service agent had to discuss with their supervisor. Then her tune changed, and she offered a refund or replacement.

So, It is true Amazon will honor the AC Delco manufacturer warranty, you just have to try to be decently polite, state your case, and hopefully things will work out well.

Yes, I own a GM car, so this is relevant to my interests. On my Alero I can easily remove a window motor without removing the regulator.

AC Delco opened a case and is supposed to contact Amazon to either send a replacement or issue a refund. Will see what happens.
What's the timeframe from purchase to failure ? Usually Amazon has a return window time and after that, they won't be involved (just like retail stores have 30-day, 90-day, etc windows).

I feel like Amazon will point the finger at ACDelco and ACDelco will point the finger at Amazon, leaving you, the customer, frustrated in the middle.
That has been my experience with any auto parts related warranty claim involving Amazon.

At least from the Motorcraft side of parts sales, any warranty would go through Amazon, O'Reillys, RockAuto, etc. Dealers can do the warranty replacement all we want, however we don't get reimbursed from Ford since there is no receipt from an authorized vendor.

This isn't a critical part, but something like an alternator I want to be able to remove and take to O'Reilly or AZ for a swap same day.

This isn't a critical part, but something like an alternator I want to be able to remove and take to O'Reilly or AZ for a swap same day.

This is an interesting tradeoff. In theory, the OEM part might be more reliable (in theory), BUT the convenience of 6000 stores across the country open for 15 hours a day where you can do a warranty replacement, means a slightly less reliable part may be worth it.

This is an interesting tradeoff. In theory, the OEM part might be more reliable (in theory), BUT the convenience of 6000 stores across the country open for 15 hours a day where you can do a warranty replacement, means a slightly less reliable part may be worth it.
I sure wouldn’t bet on AC Delco being OEM, they slap that name on anything for a $!

I make sure I'm never in a hurry to get a part. That's when you get screwed on the price. I'll trade the convenience of today for the lower cost of a few days.

With Amazon I’ve always just ordered another identical part. Then when I switch them out I use the 90 day refund policy. I’ve never been able to claim any lifetime warranties through Amazon.

While I never tried on auto parts the things I did try I just got a run around on. Amazon says it’s the seller’s responsibility, the seller says it’s the manufacturer’s and the manufacturer claims they don’t sell on Amazon so take it up with the seller.

I sure wouldn’t bet on AC Delco being OEM, they slap that name on anything for a $!
AC DELCO like anyone else is very clear. They make OE, OEM, and aftermarket.

Not sure the context. Was the poster you’re responding to assuming AC DELCO is OE to GM?

Because I can say that OE on my wife’s made in Michigan GM is Denso alternator and Denso 02 sensors. Not AC DELCO.

I kind of wish it were standard that OE is what came with the car and OEM is original equipment manufacturer. As the acronym is. But many interchange OEM for what came with the car, and I think that’s wrong.

Actually, there should be no waiting for Amazon to contact a manufacturer on Amazon sold and Amazon shipped auto parts covered by a manufacturer's warranty.

All one needs to do when speaking to an Amazon Customer Service Representative is to have them go to Amazon's Customer Service page on the Amazon website. Have them scroll down to the Search our Help Library, and then have them select the Returns and Refunds menu item under the All Help Topics heading, and then have them select the About our Returns Policies. Now have them scroll down to the Automotive Items sections.

It states: "If you've purchased a defective automotive item, shipped from and sold by Amazon.com, that is covered by a published manufacturer warranty, Amazon honors the warranty. Amazon will either replace the item or refund the cost of the item for the life of the published warranty."

Again, this is only for auto parts sold and shipped by Amazon.

Good Luck!

Back